Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Correct. 62A and 62K have direct aisle access.
Any storage bins to the side though? Assume not/limited due to emergency exit?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Any storage bins to the side though? Assume not/limited due to emergency exit?
yes there are, a full height one and some half height ones.

mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes there are, a full height one and some half height ones.

Winner. I will have to try this seat over row 60 aisle sometime...!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Winner. I will have to try this seat over row 60 aisle sometime...!
No contest. 60B is probably the least good 747 upper deck seat, and 60J is not far behind in those stakes.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:56 pm

No contest. 60B is probably the least good 747 upper deck seat, and 60J is not far behind in those stakes.
Globaliser - can you be kind enough & list the upper deck seats in order of desirable > less desirable?

Thanks,
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ehud
Globaliser - can you be kind enough & list the upper deck seats in order of desirable > less desirable?
This request would surely generate more debate than Brexit!

60B is probably the least good seat because of its position relative to the forward toilet door. 60J is a bit better because it's on the same side of the aisle as the toilet door, so is better shaded. (There is a curtain, so it's not that bad, but the curtain will never be 100% effective at blocking the disturbance.) These seats are also closest to the flight deck door. However, nobody steps out over either.

64B is a less good seat for a similar reason; it's near the aft toilet door. 64J is I think reasonably protected but still fairly close.

Of the window seats, 62A, 62K, 64A and 64K have direct aisle access and slightly varying levels of openness and privacy - different people prefer different things here, so the order of preference varies. This includes at different times of the flight. Some people prefer 62A to 62K because on takeoff and landing 62K is looking at the cabin crew sitting on the jump seat; but the jump seat blocks the view between 62K and 63J so that 62K is more private at these times; whereas 62A and 63B can look at each other throughout the flight if they lean forward.

63B and 63J are the other aisle seats that nobody else steps over.

And finally, if you are reasonably slim, it is possible to get out of 63A and 63K by squeezing between the seat and the cabin sidewall rather than stepping over 64B and 64J respectively.

Out of all of that, one takes one's pick.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Of the window seats, 62A, 62K, 64A and 64K have direct aisle access and slightly varying levels of openness and privacy - different people prefer different things here, so the order of preference varies. This includes at different times of the flight. Some people prefer 62A to 62K because on takeoff and landing 62K is looking at the cabin crew sitting on the jump seat; but the jump seat blocks the view between 62K and 63J so that 62K is more private at these times; whereas 62A and 63B can look at each other throughout the flight if they lean forward.
Just one more thing about those seats. I tried 62K and 64K back to back. 64K has more storage (enough for your whole carry-on allowance and the bedding) whereas 62K has enough for a regular backpack or small suitcase and the bedding or personal items. However, if you are tall, 64K can be a little short as your feet will bump against the bulkhead, and it may be a little less comfortable getting in and out. In 62K, you have a little less privacy, although it's still not bad at all, but you are not lacking in space if you want to get in and out, or stretch your legs as you sleep. (I am quite tall so I am used to my feet dangling off the bed)
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:11 am

This request would surely generate more debate than Brexit!

60B is probably the least good seat because of its position relative to the forward toilet door. 60J is a bit better because it's on the same side of the aisle as the toilet door, so is better shaded. (There is a curtain, so it's not that bad, but the curtain will never be 100% effective at blocking the disturbance.) These seats are also closest to the flight deck door. However, nobody steps out over either.

64B is a less good seat for a similar reason; it's near the aft toilet door. 64J is I think reasonably protected but still fairly close.

63B and 63J are the other aisle seats that nobody else steps over.

And finally, if you are reasonably slim, it is possible to get out of 63A and 63K by squeezing between the seat and the cabin sidewall rather than stepping over 64B and 64J respectively.

Out of all of that, one takes one's pick.
So I assume based on this that this is my best option as a couple of freinds?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ehud
So I assume based on this that this is my best option as a couple of freinds?
You'd be in good company picking 63JK, and it's definitely one of the two top options out of what's available there. Others would prefer 64JK for the (true) direct aisle access from 64K, with the trade-off being that 63K will probably do the conventional thing of stepping over 64J.

You're probably beginning to get the idea that these choices are often a bit like counting angels on the head of a pin ...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I couldn’t see this covered in the A321 seating guide (which is focussed on the short-haul version), so hope somebody can help me here. Which are the best seats in Club World for a couple on the A321 mid-haul? Currently in Row 1, but not sure I want to be looking at the bulkhead for hours. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Row9
I couldn’t see this covered in the A321 seating guide (which is focussed on the short-haul version), so hope somebody can help me here. Which are the best seats in Club World for a couple on the A321 mid-haul? Currently in Row 1, but not sure I want to be looking at the bulkhead for hours. Thanks.
what view forward do you think you will get if you are in a row further back?

You really aren't pressed up against the bulkhead in row 1, so for a couple I would say 1 D/F is good.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks Karfa, the pictures on line suggested Row 1 may be a little claustrophobic with the foothold inside the bulkhead. We’ll stick with that Row. ^

Last edited by Row9; Oct 17, 2018 at 7:18 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
My head is spinning reading all the CW 747 upper deck options. I am booking CW seats return to LHR-SAN when they are released at start of Dec and will have to pay for my seat reservations as I have only blue BAEC. My husband is semi disabled and won't book into an exit row and I wouldn't be capable of opening an exit either due to a weak arm after a break and pin so this rules out 63J/K going and 63A/B on return. Whoever is at the aisle will be ok but will the person at window have to disturb a stranger to get out? What seats would suit us? Are we better downstairs?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maisiedormouse
I am booking CW seats return to LHR-SAN when they are released at start of Dec and will have to pay for my seat reservations as I have only blue BAEC. My husband is semi disabled and won't book into an exit row and I wouldn't be capable of opening an exit either due to a weak arm after a break and pin so this rules out 63J/K going and 63A/B on return.
On the assumption that you do want to sit together, I think that this really means downstairs. The only upstairs pairs that you can pay for are 63AB and 63JK. If they don't work for you, then the only other options upstairs for which you can pay are 60B (on some flights) and 64B - but they're at opposite ends of the cabin.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
Hi Globaliser yes we want to sit together but not be trapped in middle in EF seats where we both might struggle to get out. What seats would you suggest to reserve on the lower deck on the 2 CW 747 layouts? Are any seats classed as exit rows? Is it always best to go JK flying west during the day and AB flying east overnight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.