Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

Last edited by DallasTX_Traveller; Jul 26, 2018 at 1:30 pm Reason: Duplicate post
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by injom
There are 2 of us flying to Vegas in April next year. We are currently in 63 J/K, that was only UD seats available.

The LD is wide open, what is 63 J/K like, do people step over them ?

Are there any LD seats that don't have stepovers?

Where are we best to go?

Cheers
I have sat in 63A a few times and really like this seat. I imagine 63K is the same. There is a small space between the seat and window and depending on your size, you can actually manage to squeeze out the side without having to step over anyone. The aisle seat has unobstructed access to the aisle. Definitely go for the UD seats if available.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:30 am

There are two of us flying to Miami next year onboard a 747. At this time the upper deck is block off for operational reasons/no seats are available - they’ve told me to keep checking near to checkin. The lower deck consists of 4 rows, 17-20, We usually prefer window/aisle. I know there is a toilet in front/more or less in front of 17b, is it the same in front of 17j/k? If anyone has any better recommendation please let me know...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it’s the same, is 20AB or JK available?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes it’s the same, is 20AB or JK available?
All seats are currently available. Are there any more toilets after Row 20?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Kat222

All seats are currently available. Are there any more toilets after Row 20?
In the absence of CIHY meantime here is a seatmap of the version you are flying which is self explanatory.

Seatmap

20A/K have direct aisle access with economy directly behind you. Personally I'd go for 18 AB or JK and keep an eye on the upper deck from 3 days out.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
In the absence of CIHY meantime here is a seatmap of the version you are flying which is self explanatory.

Seatmap

20A/K have direct aisle access with economy directly behind you. Personally I'd go for 18 AB or JK and keep an eye on the upper deck from 3 days out.
Thank you - seats switched to 18 AB and I’ll keep mo ioting the upper deck.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kat222

Thank you - seats switched to 18 AB and I’ll keep mo ioting the upper deck.
Good luck with the upper deck becoming available!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BA
I'm flying ORD - LHR in a few weeks on the a380. Not sure if I should pay to pick my seat or wait until 7 days before (I'm bronze). Currently there is 12-15k available on the lower deck or aisle seats on the upper deck.

Is it better to go upper deck aisle or lower deck window? I do like the privacy that the window seats offer, but also the smaller cabins on the upper deck.
Any tricks for getting the window seats, particularly on the top deck?

Last edited by biertje; Aug 4, 2018 at 10:59 am
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by biertje
I'm flying ORD - LHR in a few weeks. Not sure if I should pay to pick my seat or wait until 7 days before (I'm bronze). Currently there is 12-15k available on the lower deck or aisle seats on the upper deck.

Is it better to go upper deck aisle or lower deck window? I do like the privacy that the window seats offer, but also the smaller cabins on the upper deck.
Lower deck window trumps an upper deck aisle, for sure - purely the privacy difference makes the LD more attractive, especially on an overnight flight. The UD floor can be a little bouncy and hence when the CC are charging up and down the aisle delivering the new service, you can feel it in the aisle seat.

Any tricks for getting the window seats, particularly on the top deck?
If there are none available then there aren't many tips to get one. If they are blocked, then they may become available closer to OLCI time, but no guarantees. Keep an eye on the seat map.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Lower deck window trumps an upper deck aisle, for sure - purely the privacy difference makes the LD more attractive, especially on an overnight flight. The UD floor can be a little bouncy and hence when the CC are charging up and down the aisle delivering the new service, you can feel it in the aisle seat.....snip
Hi rossmacd, The OP is on an A380 as per his previous thread. I've never felt the 'bounce' on the A380 and having sat in an aisle seat or maybe I have just been a bit tizzy with the drink!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: BA
Hi rossmacd, The OP is on an A380 as per his previous thread. I've never felt the 'bounce' on the A380 and having sat in an aisle seat or maybe I have just been a bit tizzy with the drink!
Whooops apologies, forgot to add it's the a380
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:55 am

Oh - it wasn't clear from the post

Whooops apologies, forgot to add it's the a380
No problem - disregard my comments in this case - I'll allow someone far more experienced in A380 CW than me to answer. I automatically think BA 747 since that this the product I take on JFK-LHR
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:58 am

I had an op up to 15J recently and 15K (or A) is a very good overnight seat with direct aisle access. I never had any bother re toilet foot traffic (CW toilets are at the rear of the CW cabin) and I slept reasonably well. As rossmacd has said (^)and he's a very experienced traveller, just keep an eye on the seatmap unless you want to pay to guarantee a window seat just now.

I've been in 59K a few times too and that's a very good seat too as is 59A, away from the galley and a partial view looking back out the wing. Last to be served but it's an overnighter. The window in the front UD CW cabin is very good though but to be aware 50 A/K has no window and in many quarters 53A or K are plum seats but they're usually amongst the first to be snapped up.

Pete
rossmacd likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Aug 4, 2018 at 11:04 am Reason: adding extra info
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
747 86J

currently in 20K but lower deck is wide open and upper deck full apart from 64A which may get released closer to departure

is is worth trying for 64A or any better advice for seats on lower deck appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.