Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

14AB beats 60JK. 14a has direct aisle access which 60K does not.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks.

We do prefer the direct aisle access. Is there much disturbance from the loo or galley for 14AB?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:20 am

Hi sorry for possibly obvious questions. Haven't flown BA J for 5 years or so.

Flying on 747 from LHR - what in seat power is there please? Namely can I use USB cable for iphone/ipad or do I need a charger and adapter? Also what's in club kitchen these days (flying to US West Coast if it helps)?

Thanks all
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
Hi sorry for possibly obvious questions. Haven't flown BA J for 5 years or so.

Flying on 747 from LHR - what in seat power is there please? Namely can I use USB cable for iphone/ipad or do I need a charger and adapter? Also what's in club kitchen these days (flying to US West Coast if it helps)?

Thanks all
It depends which sort of 747 we are talking about, the 52J or 86J. So you need to count the seats in MMB. If it's 86J then both UK and USA plugs should be fine, and USB (rather slow though); if 52J then you need a USA plug or adapter in Club World.

https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

Best take a USA adapater for the plug. Probably you need one for the USA anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It depends which sort of 747 we are talking about, the 52J or 86J. So you need to count the seats in MMB. If it's 86J then both UK and USA plugs should be fine, and USB (rather slow though); if 52J then you need a USA plug or adapter in Club World.

https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

Best take a USA adapater for the plug. Probably you need one for the USA anyway.
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Seat maps appears to show rows 17-20 and the upper deck so I'm guessing that is the 52J version. Do these planes have up to date IFE or is it the older version?

Thanks again
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. Seat maps appears to show rows 17-20 and the upper deck so I'm guessing that is the 52J version. Do these planes have up to date IFE or is it the older version?
That indeed suggests 52J. Unfortunately it has the outdated IFE, so bring your own if you want something more visually captivating than the Moving Map.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExRSA
Thanks.

We do prefer the direct aisle access. Is there much disturbance from the loo or galley for 14AB?
Very little. They are quiet and private. I'd actually probably chose 14A over the vastly more exposed 64A to be honest.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Very little. They are quiet and private. I'd actually probably chose 14A over the vastly more exposed 64A to be honest.
Whereas I would be very pleased with 64A, since it's got heaps of space and a slightly longer bed due to the bulkhead layout. I wouldn't swap it for 14A, since there is significantly more traffic in the aisle downstairs.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:36 am

Hi all,

There's a lot of information in this thread already about seat choices, but I really can't make my mind up on the pros and cons of the seats available to me. I'm flying LHR-YVR in March next year in CW. I'd prefer to go UD, but there aren't many seats available to book (i'd have to pay Ł99 as well). I don't have enough posts to be able to attach a screenshot.. but 63ABJK are all that's showing
From what I've read 63B is probably my best choice. I'd prefer not to have anyone stepping over me, although I also like the idea of the privacy window in 63A, but I also don't want to have to step over anyone either.

Does anyone have any real experience of the 63A 'escape route' I've read about? I'm just under 6 feet tall, and quite well built - is it really only suitable for those 'slender' folk?

Is it likely that all of the taken seats are actually occupied, or will some have been held back for reservation closer to the flight? 62 or 64AK sound like the best overall, but none are available at the moment. Is there any way to tell whether seats are held back?

Almost all of the LD is available to me at the moment...

Thanks in advance for any advice, I've only ever flown business twice before so I don't really have much experience in seat selection...!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by broudie
From what I've read 63B is probably my best choice. I'd prefer not to have anyone stepping over me, although I also like the idea of the privacy window in 63A, but I also don't want to have to step over anyone either.

Does anyone have any real experience of the 63A 'escape route' I've read about? I'm just under 6 feet tall, and quite well built - is it really only suitable for those 'slender' folk?
Although I've never tried it (I'm not allowed to prefer 63A / 63K to the aisle seats, and I've never yet had a reason to pick either 63A or 63K when travelling on my own), the photos that I've seen here suggest that it is better and easier if you're slim.

Given that, in your shoes I'd be going for 63B or (more likely) 63J - the latter is fractionally more private because of the position of the crew jump seat, which means that you never have to look at 62K's face.
Is it likely that all of the taken seats are actually occupied, or will some have been held back for reservation closer to the flight?
If you have to pay, then most of the upper deck seats are not available to you. From memory, I think that the only seats that can be paid for are 60B (on some flights), 63AB, 63JK and 64B. All of the others are only available to those who can pre-allocate seats for free.
broudie likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:28 am

flying CW as a family of 4 on BA198 from BOM to LHR (on a 777 with 15 CW rows). I have no status so will be paying for seat selections - as it will be costly, i want to make sure i get this correct.

my kids are 7 and 9 so they wont need help with dinner etc and they are well behaved, its a day flight so my only concern is getting the kids in/out of the middle seats as the climb will mean me or the wife having to carry them over someones legs. this could be bothersome of the person being 'climbed' over.

Does anyone have any experience with flying as a family of 4?

Appreciate this is a First world problem.

I could be overthinking the middle 2 seats being a problem but i'm just not sure. I am considering going for all 4 aisle access otherwise.

Any comments are welcome.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Don’t pay for seats, you will find you have been allocated 4 seats in a row, I wouldn’t worry about getting your children out of the middle seats, I have never seen a parent having problems with this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:42 am

I'm over 6ft, and built such that if I breath in, I may squeeze into 36 inch trousers on a good day. And I can just about slide through the gap at the back of 63A. The other factor to bear in mind is that the aisle passenger may well repair to the WCs from time to time, and if you aren't needing the facilities that often then you can probably sneak out at the same time. Finally just stepping over the aisle passenger really isnt' that difficult so long as you are vaguely sober, and given your height it shouldn't be too tricky. Finally 63A should be sufficiently restful that you will be in the land of nod fairly soon anyway.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Don’t pay for seats, you will find you have been allocated 4 seats in a row, I wouldn’t worry about getting your children out of the middle seats, I have never seen a parent having problems with this.
Thanks. I wasn't overly sure if we'd get a middle 4. i want to avoid a 2 + 2 on different sides of the aircraft. if its likely we will get a straight 4, then i will leave it.

i assume our 4 seats aren't already allocated by BA?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Seat 63k on 747

Coming back from Europe to US in Club world. Was going to wait to select seats but noticed the upper deck was almost filled except for a few seats. Decided to pay for seat 63k but now have read about the bassinets being behind me. This is my first trip on the upper deck and as I’m traveling solo I like the privacy of a window seat.

So so how is row 63 and will I wish I was on the main deck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.