Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
11K is my choice. Full complement of windows (unlike row 5) and a great view of London on approach. 11A is also good as that side of the mini cabin is served by the CSD.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
anyone suggest the best Club world seat to sydney (777) for privacy, ease of access for getting in and out please? Views are a secondary concern.

This is my first trip booked in advance so have some choice.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by dc2447
anyone suggest the best Club world seat to sydney (777) for privacy, ease of access for getting in and out please? Views are a secondary concern.

This is my first trip booked in advance so have some choice.
For privacy you want a window seat.

For ease of getting in and out - you want the seat at the back of the cabin (probably row 16 if I recall).
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by kaneporta1
11K is my choice. Full complement of windows (unlike row 5) and a great view of London on approach. 11A is also good as that side of the mini cabin is served by the CSD.
11K must be a favored seat in the 777-300, as it is the only seat booked so far on our flight next September. We could take row 16 J and K so I don't have to climb over anyone to get out, but then we would be over the wing. So it's11 A and B ( we've never sat on the left side!!!) or 13 J and K for us.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; TK Gold; KLM Gold
13K is wonderful.

Originally Posted by enzian
11K must be a favored seat in the 777-300, as it is the only seat booked so far on our flight next September. We could take row 16 J and K so I don't have to climb over anyone to get out, but then we would be over the wing. So it's11 A and B ( we've never sat on the left side!!!) or 13 J and K for us.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
The JFK checkin guys gave me a great alternative to a window on the 747 lower deck. I was the last to checkin (changed ticket to whatever the next flight was), so they gave me 20E with 20F free. Very Roomy, very private, comfortable
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:34 pm
Formerly known as ahoban

Programs: BA Silver, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Flying to JFK next year and am currently looking at an empty UD & main cabin..

Is it worth paying to prebook seats? My partner can be a nervous flyer, so would require seats together, not sure if it's worth taking a risk and waiting until OCLI opens up.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue; AA Platinum; Marriott Gold
Paying to prebook a seat as you know, is entirely subjective and dependent on how risk averse you are. If you have the entire cabin choice now, I certainly would.

I recommend it but that's just me-again, contingent upon your personal situation. Enjoy the flight and the forward looking to it!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TangoThree
Is it worth paying to prebook seats?
In addition, part of the answer hinges on whether you would like to sit on the upper deck, which many regard as a particularly special area on the 747. It may be that even if you weren't prepared to pay to pre-allocate seats on the main deck, you would think it worthwhile to pay for upper deck seats. If you need to pay to get upper deck seats, I think that there are only three pairs available to you (63AB, 63JK, 64AB).
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Best seats for 3 people?

I'm travelling to JFK with 2 friends on 747. I have status so can select any seats.

What do you think the best seat combo would be? I've current selected 62A, 62B and 62J.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jwt36
I've current selected 62A, 62B and 62J.
Realistically, I don't think you can do significantly better than that. Some might suggest 62K instead of 62A, but that's a perennial debate that's always a matter of personal preference.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:24 pm

First CW Flight - Seat Choice

I'm flying SFO-LHR on 286. I have no status, so if I want to pick a seat before OLCI, I'll have to pay. Right now only 1 seat open on upper deck, 64B. Lower deck is pretty much wide open.

I have scrolled through all of the seating threads and it seems like all the recs are for seats on the upper deck that are already taken. I'm travelling solo, soI can be flexible and normally I prefer aisle seats. Is 64B worth the extra charge? Is there any seat on the lower deck that might be worth swooping before they're taken? (Flight isn't until Xmas, so a good chance these will all be taken up) My biggest concern is getting stuck in the middle section of the lower deck, (less privacy) But it seems no access problems.

Can anyone offer their opinions? Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by goteed1
I'm flying SFO-LHR on 286. I have no status, so if I want to pick a seat before OLCI, I'll have to pay. Right now only 1 seat open on upper deck, 64B. Lower deck is pretty much wide open.

I have scrolled through all of the seating threads and it seems like all the recs are for seats on the upper deck that are already taken. I'm travelling solo, soI can be flexible and normally I prefer aisle seats. Is 64B worth the extra charge? Is there any seat on the lower deck that might be worth swooping before they're taken? (Flight isn't until Xmas, so a good chance these will all be taken up) My biggest concern is getting stuck in the middle section of the lower deck, (less privacy) But it seems no access problems.

Can anyone offer their opinions? Thanks!
Those threads will also offer up the advice you need on the various seats on the lower deck too.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:40 pm

I'm sure many will disagree but I wouldn't pay for any UD aisle seat. In fact, setting money aside for a second, I wouldn't choose any UD aisle over any LD window.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:10 pm
Suspended

i definitely wouldn't pay for 64B which feels like it is basically in the galley. i would much prefer a window seat on the main deck.
my experience from YVR has always been that even though the seat map shows full, when i check in at exactly T-24 (exactly meaning i'm sitting with the cursor on the check-in button as the seconds tick down) I can get a good seat. very often 62A/K believe it or not.
of course, YMMV from SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.