Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Older couples may like 63A/B ...

The view from 63B,

... and the escape route from 63A, thus avoiding climbing over 64B

Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Well, I decided to just fly LD as I wasn't sure if my carry-on would fit in the overhead bin.
I had a forward facing seat.
Next time I think I'll try a rear facing seat. See how that feels.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Well, I decided to just fly LD as I wasn't sure if my carry-on would fit in the overhead bin.
I had a forward facing seat.
Next time I think I'll try a rear facing seat. See how that feels.
Seriously? I can't believe you decided against UD because of your bag? Frankly I would buy a new bag if I were you and go upstairs. Sure, a hard case which just fits the limits isn't going to fit in the UD overheads, but just get something squishable like a rucksack or a holdall and you will get the same amount in and get it in the overhead. They have a cupboard on the UD as well which they may let you put a bag in if it doesn't fit anywhere esle.

I hope your bag appreciates all the trouble it is causing you
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver
For work I fly hand luggage only with a case designed to be on the limit and it fits comfortably in the overhead bin on the upper deck.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
I've got my first UD trip with 64A/B (for Mrs K) booked for June and usually travel with a close to max size HBO. Is this impossible to fit in the overhead lockers and if so where do I put it?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, MC platinum, AmEx gold
Originally Posted by Keystone
I've got my first UD trip with 64A/B (for Mrs K) booked for June and usually travel with a close to max size HBO. Is this impossible to fit in the overhead lockers and if so where do I put it?
Done 747 UD a number of times, I'd say any seat on the UD are great seats!

Granted, some are more isolated than others - but this beeing a cabin of a maximum of 20 passengers and 2 cabin crew you'd generally be very pleased anyways

In my experience, the overhead lockers at UD tend to be close-to empty.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Just stepped out of a 747 couple of hrs ago. Was seated in UD exit row. Lacks privacy from front but you don't have to climb over anyone to get out. Also, I hate having to take the divider down for service but in exit row they can serve you from the front.

Loved the privacy of the UD but they need to put in some newer, bigger IFE screens. Existing ones are terrible!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Keystone
If the bag won't fit in the overhead bin (and a full-size cabin bag won't), then there is a storage area at the top of the stairs (between the staircase and the cabin sidewall) where full-size cabin bags can go. Just ask the cabin crew.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi!

I'm flying the 744 CW for the first time next month. I'm currently in 64A, which as far as I can tell seems very similar to 64K. Is it a good seat? I'm flying on my own.

These are the free seats currently available; are any of them better than 64A?
60 J
61 A J K
62 B J K
63 B J K
64 A

My return is on the 787. I'm booked in 1A on that one. The cabin on that one is showing pretty empty at the moment (just 3 other seats assigned right now out of 35), so I could move anywhere. I like the sound of having 1A though on my boarding pass for a longhual flight
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think 64k would be equally as good ( you will have less light from the galley as you have the wall of the bathroom in front of you ) but you may hear some noise.

62K is very good with unlimited access as you are facing the emergency exit door and the crew seats at the far side of the door.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shefgab
Hi!

I'm flying the 744 CW for the first time next month. I'm currently in 64A, which as far as I can tell seems very similar to 64K. Is it a good seat? I'm flying on my own.

These are the free seats currently available; are any of them better than 64A?
60 J
61 A J K
62 B J K
63 B J K
64 A

My return is on the 787. I'm booked in 1A on that one. The cabin on that one is showing pretty empty at the moment (just 3 other seats assigned right now out of 35), so I could move anywhere. I like the sound of having 1A though on my boarding pass for a longhual flight
Both 64A and 64K are the best two. There is not much to choose between them, although my preference is 64A. Some photos in this thread so you can see what they look like.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-question.html
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by shefgab
You will get as many answers as answerers.

Out of what is available, I would take 62K first and 64K second. I would only take 64A if those and 62A are all unavailable. The reasons are that 64A is more open (and is more likely to be disturbed by light and noise from the galley). But there are people for whom the more open nature of 64A is its great selling point.

As was said just a couple of days ago, there is no definitive answer to this question.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:31 pm

Thanks for the input guys ^

I think i'll stick with 64A. I assume access to the aisle is fairly easy from there?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:55 pm

I am travelling CW on 777 3-class for a couple of trips in next few months.

Would anyone recommend the front or aft cabin in CW on this aircraft?

I understand aft cabin is nearer WT+ bassinette area but is there any clear advantages or disadvantages of either cabin from experience?
Are there an seats you would definitely avoid if possible?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SPINNEY000
I am travelling CW on 777 3-class for a couple of trips in next few months.

Would anyone recommend the front or aft cabin in CW on this aircraft?
Always the front cabin for me - ideally in the second or third row. Much quieter due to distance from galley and WTP, and further from the engines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.