Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Any thoughts on what seats I should reserve when traveling with Mrs. Flip42 on a B747 Upper Deck?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Flip42
Any thoughts on what seats I should reserve when traveling with Mrs. Flip42 on a B747 Upper Deck?
As a couple, we have always gone for 63A/B ... where the OH can squeeze through the gap between the seat shell and the cabin wall. So no step-over for 63A, and 63B [although it seems exposed] actually can't see any fellow pax.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:25 am

Thanks to the premium sale my cash plus avios WTP tickets for next summer have become CW revenue seats. This is the first time I've got free seat selection, and the flights are pretty open at the minute so I have the pick of all seats. Our outbound to JFK is high J. One adult and child will be in 4EF in first. I was thinking 12jk for the other adult/child, so I can easily go back if needed. On the return from CUN (777 3 class) I will only be able to book one pair as the other passengers are on a separate PNR. I have never tried the window pairs, which pair would be best for an additional adult and child?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
747 UD

Hi all,

I just booked CW to JFK for next year and very excited as it will be the first time I will fly on the 747 upper deck! Sounds like a first world problem, I know.

All seats on the upper deck are available and we will be 2 persons travelling.
What would be the best seats to book. I always read that 64A/K and /or 62 A/K are the best seats but I’m not sure which ones to select for a couple.
I thought about row 64 on the way there as it will be quicker to leave the aircraft (immigration queue) and row 62 on the way back as night flight (is the galley behind row 64 really noisy)?

Thanks for your suggestions
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I have the following booked, flying solo:

28/3 BA113. 772 four class. LHR/JFK
31/3 BA178. 747. 70 J seats. JFK/LHR.

I won't be paying for seats so waiting until T-24 to check in. Any good recommendations and strategies or will it be a case of take what I am given/left with. Would prefer a window seat.

Also, as a family will be going to MCO. 2ad, 1ch. And recommendations for seats in club world. 772 three class. My TP run will get me silver so will be booking these as soon after as I can. Was going to phone to see if they will allocate now given future flights booked, but doubt they will.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bastien003
All seats on the upper deck are available and we will be 2 persons travelling.
What would be the best seats to book. I always read that 64A/K and /or 62 A/K are the best seats but I’m not sure which ones to select for a couple.
I thought about row 64 on the way there as it will be quicker to leave the aircraft (immigration queue) and row 62 on the way back as night flight (is the galley behind row 64 really noisy)?
You'll get people recommending every possible combination!

My own preference for a couple would be 62JK or 62AB (in that order). The main difference between 62K and 62A is that 62A can see 63B, but 62K can't see 63J because the crew seat is there to block the view. So 62K is fractionally more private. (We are talking about splitting hairs here.) However, for a few minutes at each end of the flight, 62K is looking at the cabin crew sitting on their seat.

64K is great for a singleton who likes privacy and isn't claustrophobic. I've not been bothered by galley light or noise from here because it's around a corner. But 64J is a little close to the toilet door if you're a couple.

However, in my view 64JK would be better than 64AB. 64A is good for singletons who like a wide open feel, but it can get galley light. And 64B is liable to get light from the toilet door.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:42 am

Just booked a club world tickets from DFW to LHR and back from LHR to LAX. BA wants $105 to reserve seats. Is this normal?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Just booked a club world tickets from DFW to LHR and back from LHR to LAX. BA wants $105 to reserve seats. Is this normal?
If you do not have any OW status, yes, you have to pay for specific seat reservations until T-24 (at which point they are free!) If you have OW Ruby you can reserve for free from T-7 days. OW Sapphire or Emerald can reserve for free at time of booking. (And if you book in First you can also reserve for "free" at time of booking regardless of status.)

Not sure on the exact cost, but can depend on route and seat location, IIRC. (747 upper deck is more than lower deck, for example.)

Hope that helps; sorry it's probably not what you wanted to hear.

rb211.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:05 am

Ah well. Got a super good deal so I am not going to worry about the small stuff.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Ah well. Got a super good deal so I am not going to worry about the small stuff.
Great attitude!

rb211.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, VS Red, AMEX Plat Plus
747 CW UD Question

Hi everyone

When I look at the available seats on the UD in MMB, I am unable to book 60 A/B/J/K and 64 J/K, even though they are available through a dummy flexi booking. Are these reserved for Gold members like 1A 1K in F, and when will they become available to myself as a Bronze member?

cheers
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Yes Usually available at about T-72
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
747 CW UD Question

Just flew back in 64A. It's a beaut, masses of legroom and very private. Some prefer 64K as there's less light intrusion from the galley.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
The whole UD should be available at T-7 for Bronze. Gold and Silver can choose any UD seat at any time, provided it is not already reserved. If you want to see what seats are currently available do a dummy 'fully-flexible' booking.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by stevieed
Just flew back in 64A. It's a beaut, masses of legroom and very private. Some prefer 64K as there's less light intrusion from the galley.
Agree love 64A, so much extra space regarding leg room, and all those side bins.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.