Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would go for any 4 in the middle with the children in the EF seats, other than the last row all the other rows are the same.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Can Flying Blue Platinum members pre-book BA seats without charge?
Old May 5, 2015, 12:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by botham
Can Flying Blue Platinum members pre-book BA seats without charge?
No, only BA or other oneworld status holders. Flying blue is skyteam alliance so completely separate.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I would go for any 4 in the middle with the children in the EF seats, other than the last row all the other rows are the same.
Thanks!
Old May 5, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
No, only BA or other oneworld status holders. Flying blue is skyteam alliance so completely separate.
Thanks, didn't think so, so I guess we'll wait rather than pay Ł75pp.

Was hoping to outbound MIA in F (for 380 experience and seat selection), but no availability and even if there was new rates are fiendish!
Old May 7, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If the flight crew do have 11K as a rest seat there will be little movement to and from the seat, probably only as the 3 of them change over breaks.
If the flight has a First cabin and there is a spare seat there they normally take the First seat instead.
If 11K was the original choice, another seat might be shown during online check-in (2A in my case) with 11K unavailable for this reason. However I explained at the airport that 11K was my original choice and groundstaff was happy to provide me with a boarding pass for 11K.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:13 pm

hi all, i am considering flying CE on BA677 IST-LHR, can anyone confirm if that has in fact flat beds? according to seatguru, it has. any fresh experience? thanks
Old May 10, 2015, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CE doesn't have flat beds you only get these in CW.
Old May 10, 2015, 5:48 am

thanks for the clarification, I wrongly imagined (or I hoped!) that this would be like one of those few flights using bigger planes for EU routes. in fact, trying doing a dummy booking and selecting business class looks up (CE not CW) so in fact the map shows a normal seating plan. cheers.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:00 pm

Haven't flown BA for a long time, so apology if this has been covered.
1. Redeeming AA miles for J seat BKK-LHR - 777-200 3 class with no F. Can we request seats by calling BA or choose ourselves online? Is there a fee to select J seats?
2. Are middle seats best for couple traveling together? It'll be a daytime flight.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Haven't flown BA for a long time, so apology if this has been covered.
1. Redeeming AA miles for J seat BKK-LHR - 777-200 3 class with no F. Can we request seats by calling BA or choose ourselves online? Is there a fee to select J seats?
2. Are middle seats best for couple traveling together? It'll be a daytime flight.
Call AA and ask for the BA record locator. You can then log into MMB on BA's website. Yes there is a fee for choosing seats in advance in CW unless you are OWE or OWS.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Flying BOM-LHR on BA198 on Wednesday 20th May, which is showing as a 4-class 777-200 at the moment (which is not what it normally is, I don't think?)

Having just got off what I think is the same plane from WT+, it looks to me like the only seats where you don't either have to climb over anyone or be climbed over are the bassinets at 15A and 15K, is that right?

Since I can't choose those until T-24, if they even come free, what would you choose instead, as someone who normally gets up a fair bit during the flight?
Old May 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

15EF are also seats that you don't have to step over anyone and normally the ones allocated to customers with infants.
I would think that 15 A or K will become avaliable.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by livingforever
Flying BOM-LHR on BA198 on Wednesday 20th May, which is showing as a 4-class 777-200 ...... it looks to me like the only seats where you don't either have to climb over anyone or be climbed over are the bassinets at 15A and 15K, is that right?
No, that's not quite correct. 10B, D, G and J as well as 15E and F have the same feature. I also thought that 15E and F were the bassinets.
Old May 12, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA SILVER!! (After 7 years of trying...)
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
No, that's not quite correct. 10B, D, G and J as well as 15E and F have the same feature. I also thought that 15E and F were the bassinets.
Ok, interesting - MMB map is showing bassinets at A, E and K, but we all know how accurate that can be!

Do 15 E and F have a divider between them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.