Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Go for 64K, 62A or K.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Best seats for two pax on 744UD?

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Go for 64K, 62A or K.
Hi Gurus,

arranging a trip for my two elderly parents to South Africa and 3 out of the four planes are 744's - How is 62J as a companion seat to the ever sought after 62K? Or should I put the two of them elsewhere? Or separate them by a row? Thanks for the help!!!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Hi Gurus,

arranging a trip for my two elderly parents to South Africa and 3 out of the four planes are 744's - How is 62J as a companion seat to the ever sought after 62K? Or should I put the two of them elsewhere? Or separate them by a row? Thanks for the help!!!
If 62 J and K are available, go for those.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a point to bare in mind, 62AK and 63BJ are emergency exits seats.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Hello, I have a similar query.

I am travelling in Club World from Chicago to LHR on an overnight flight (BA294) next year. If I can relax my grip on the armrests, I am hoping to get a few hours sleep during the flight.

I currently have seat 64K booked on the 1st floor of the B747 (86J). However, both 64A and 64B are now showing as ‘booked’ (as opposed to blocked/etc) according expert flyer and shown as booked/blocked on BA's 'manage my booking'. I take this to mean that someone travelling with a baby has booked these seats as 64A is a bassinet seat?

To prevent potentially being kept awake by a screaming baby, should I consider moving? Almost the whole aircraft in Club World is available (apart from 63J/K, 64A/B, my booked 64K and a couple of seemingly random seats downstairs). Due to having a disability I am not allowed an exit row seat, so 62A/K are ruled out sadly.

So, what is the next best window seat option, where I don’t have to climb over anyone, or have them clambering over me?

Would 14A or K on the ground floor be better as these are also available, but are close to the galley?

Or should I stay where I am and hope the baby has a few pre-flight G&T’s in its milk and sleeps like...., well, like a baby?

Thanks

BM
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just stay where you are would be my advice.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just stay where you are would be my advice.
Many thanks CIHY.

I think I will take the noise cancelling earphones just in case!

BM.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:21 am

Upper deck 747 exit row with kids

Up coming CW flight with family of 4. The 747 UD is wide open inc 62k and 63j exit row seats. My question is could the kids sit in the exit row seats after take off? If so would they have to be moved out of them if the seat belt sign came back on?

We like to put both by the window, hence the first world dilemma!

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Exit row seats are only allowed for adults.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think that they could move in-flight and would only need to be back in their normal seats for landing. Seatbelts in flight tends to be about turbulence, rather than a need to open the exit door!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
after take off yes they can sit in these seats but where would they sit for take off and landing because they would need to be sat adjacent to a parent so you wouldn't be able to select en exit row either ...

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Aug 21, 2018 at 6:32 am
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I think that they could move in-flight and would only need to be back in their normal seats for landing. Seatbelts in flight tends to be about turbulence, rather than a need to open the exit door!
Personally i would not be very happy as a passenger that people do this. You never know what happens. I think it is up to the CC to allow or disallow.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Seraglio
Personally i would not be very happy as a passenger that people do this. You never know what happens. I think it is up to the CC to allow or disallow.
I agree it's up to the CC. But realistically the only time you need an adult in an exit row seat is when you're on the ground. The doors can't even be opened in the air. Also, on the CW upper deck, actually there are loads of passengers who could open the doors if needed in an emergency. They're not blocked by the passengers sitting closest to them like they would be on an A320 for example.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by Seraglio
Exit row seats are only allowed for adults.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb
And capable 12 year olds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.