Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Thanks BertieBadger for the reply and suggestion, so 3k it is.
Will research more to see how 51f is compared to 59k on the A380.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by orangila
Thanks BertieBadger for the reply and suggestion, so 3k it is.
Will research more to see how 51f is compared to 59k on the A380.
One other caveat that I actually hesitate to mention in case it makes people worry unnecessarily, but err on the side that forewarned is forearmed and all that - you may be aware that the 787 is currently somewhat more prone than average to equipment swaps due to inspections and reduced cycle limits on the Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engines fitted to the BA fleet (though the issue affects all such engined 787s, not just BA).

Now, one possible swap is from a 787-8 to a 787-9 and if that happens, 3K will disappear because there is no such seat on the -9 variant. And you'll be allocated another seat in the cabin, quite possibly one not as good as 3K. Indeed, this did happen to me in January this year coming back from YUL, equipment swap about 3 days before the flight, we ended up moving to 13J/K instead, via the 12A/B that BA auto-allocated.

On the other hand, rows 6 and 7 form the 14 seat mini-cabin (rear) on the 787-8 and form the 14 seat mini-cabin (forward) on the -9 so those seats tend to transfer across directly. See the two seatmaps on British Airways Aircraft Seat Maps for what I mean.

I really mention this only for completeness. Personally, I would always still choose 3K - I'd plan for the aircraft that is scheduled rather than one that might end up operating. Sadly, it must be said that BA is not very good (read: dreadful) about informing you of these sorts of changes, so they can catch people out in the cases it does happen.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Traveling from Heahtrow on a 388, have chosen 51f (aisle seat) but toying with the idea of 59k (window seat). Is 59k better in terms of overhead bin, privacy and overall comfort?
Thanks
If you don't care about a window 51F at the front of the upper cabin is a very open seat - great for sitting and dining but less-so for sleeping. I always aim for a window seat on the upper deck with first choice being the forward cabin rows 51 to 53 (row 50 window seats have a missing window so you need to lean forward to see out). The forward upper deck cabin tends to be more quiet and has the largest lavs you will ever see on an airplane. Row 59 is direct in front of the PremEco cabin and there is a slight risk of a baby in the bassinet row of that cabin.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:22 am

Thanks BertieBadger for letting me know the possibility of swap. Flight is in July so will be actively monitoring for potential swap. Will stick to 3 k at the moment.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:34 am

Thanks geo1005. The only window seat available in the front of upper deck is 52k, which requires climbing over 53j for aisle access. Departure at 18:30'ish and being able to sleep for a few hours would be nice. So may be 59k is better?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Carlson, IHG Gold
Thanks geo1005. The only window seat available in the front of upper deck is 52k, which requires climbing over 53j for aisle access. Departure at 18:30'ish and being able to sleep for a few hours would be nice. So may be 59k is better?
Isn't this one of the row 59 sections which is pretty much in the WTP cabin? As this is free on my upcoming SIN-LHR, but I have avoided for this reason.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying from SFO to LHR, on a 388, and the entire CW cabin is available - literally, not a single seat taken other than three blocked bassinet seats.

I want to fly on the upper deck, want to sleep most of the way and don't want to have to climb over anyone or have anyone climbing over me. I've selected 53K - is there a better choice? I tried trawling through the dedicated thread in the dashboard but there is an awful lot to read.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by JustPete
Isn't this one of the row 59 sections which is pretty much in the WTP cabin? As this is free on my upcoming SIN-LHR, but I have avoided for this reason.
Originally Posted by Misco60
Flying from SFO to LHR, on a 388, and the entire CW cabin is available - literally, not a single seat taken other than three blocked bassinet seats.

I want to fly on the upper deck, want to sleep most of the way and don't want to have to climb over anyone or have anyone climbing over me. I've selected 53K - is there a better choice? I tried trawling through the dedicated thread in the dashboard but there is an awful lot to read.
I've been in 59K twice recently the last being just yesterday. I think it's a really good seat with the direct aisle access and well away from the galley which can suffer some noise when meal services are being prepared etc. The difference is very noticeable I think. There wasn't really much curtain movement either from CW into WTP and you will definitely see more of the crew in the front section that the rear when comparing row 53 to 59.

The 4 'prime' seats in my humble opinion are

53 A and K, 59 A and K.

In row 59 there is of course a very small risk of a screaming baby on the other side of the partition in WTP but the galley noise is guaranteed in row 53. However, in both cases nothing which can't be fixed with a good set of quality gel type ear plugs.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
The 4 'prime' seats in my humble opinion are

53 A and K, 59 A and K.

In row 59 there is of course a very small risk of a screaming baby on the other side of the partition in WTP but the galley noise is guaranteed in row 53. However, in both cases nothing which can't be fixed with a good set of quality gel type ear plugs.
Thanks very much for this information.

I think I'd rather take my chances with galley noise than with the WTP bassinet.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
So, I am flying back from YVR in April 19 and I am debating whether to pay for UD seats or run the risk of hoping there will be some option at check in. At the moment the flight is only showing five seats in UD and I am really anti the idea of sharing a double bed with someone for 9 hours. That said, I do find the charge of £100pp very oppotunistic. Therefore, could anyone tell me my chances of getting UD when check-in opens? Just for clarifcation I am a lowly blue.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
So, I am flying back from YVR in April 19 and I am debating whether to pay for UD seats or run the risk of hoping there will be some option at check in. At the moment the flight is only showing five seats in UD and I am really anti the idea of sharing a double bed with someone for 9 hours. That said, I do find the charge of £100pp very oppotunistic. Therefore, could anyone tell me my chances of getting UD when check-in opens? Just for clarifcation I am a lowly blue.
I won't get into the paid for seats debate as it has been done on here so many times but what I would say, and not sure when specifically your dates are, but April is busy with Easter holidays so personally if I were you if you want to sit in the UD I'd pay and you can then relax knowing you have a seat there.

Otherwise it's obviously free at OLCI. It's not something that can really be predicted with your flight such a long way off.
Old May 5, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL
This might be the better thread for me to ask. A non-EC member would have to pay for Club World long-haul seats. I can't find the figure (various sites show differing figures, too). I remember seeing it once, thought it was £60, ranging to £72 or something. Info would be useful to know, thanks.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I think it may vary by aircraft type and seat location. Interestingly, when I was looking at this question for another (Bronze) FTer on this thread, the screenshot they posted said £100 when the screenshot I got for a non-status pax said £95 - these were 747 UD seats, which are probably more expensive than 747 main deck.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Misco60

For the 0.01% extra comfort, choose 53A instead of K. Because the 3rd CW UD toilet is on the other side of the galley, your are ever so slightly going to get less foot traffic in your aisle. And also, since 53A's window faces north, you are ever so slightly going to get less light in your face + thus more sleep. It it's available, might as well but it's really not much difference.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:52 am

Have seen a few comments about Club World in a 777 not being as good as Club World in other aircraft. As I have never travelled in a 777 and have a trip coming up to Sydney in Club World in a 777 (from the seat map I think that's a 777-300?) I was wondering exactly what the difference was compared to a 747 or an A380.

Also what seats would you recommend for a couple? I'm thinking 11E & F as not next to the galley and in front of the wing but advice gratefully received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.