Search

ORD AA flagship on connecting from first

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum,AS MVP
ORD AA flagship on connecting from first

Hi all,

I have an upcoming trip LHR-ORD-SAN next week in first. Will I be able to use the AA flagship lounge. I had a look at the AA site but are a bit confused about the rules. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Andy
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes.

However, don't expect much - it may say 'Flagship' in the name, but it's a terrible lounge for something that is supposed to be their best
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum,AS MVP
OK thanks. But still better than the regular Admiral at ORD?

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Yes.

However, don't expect much - it may say 'Flagship' in the name, but it's a terrible lounge
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
However, don't expect much - it may say 'Flagship' in the name, but it's a terrible lounge
However it's the best lounge there is in that area of ORD! It's a lot better than Admirals in terms of food and drink, though the focus is on the Japan long hauls there, and there are a lot of JAL frequent flyers that use it. Thinks GC rather than Flounge. It is definitely not as good as the other 2 Flagships in USA (JFK is the best, LAX comes second).

But if you are either oneworld emerald or connecting from a longhaul First (with various ifs and buts) you can use Flagship if it is open. It is very hidden, so look at the ORD terminal map. It's at the end of the terminal building, stay on the left hand side of the corridor, go right to the end then look toward the right just before you walk into the end wall.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I much prefer the regular club at ORD. I'm a sit at the bar guy, though, so if you are not it can be rather crowded and you might prefer the FL. As the other poster said, though, it is pretty mediocre. The one at LAX is nicer.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by AndyHall
OK thanks. But still better than the regular Admiral at ORD?
Yes indeed
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However it's the best lounge there is in that area of ORD! It's a lot better than Admirals in terms of food and drink, though the focus is on the Japan long hauls there, and there are a lot of JAL frequent flyers that use it. Thinks GC rather than Flounge. It is definitely not as good as the other 2 Flagships in USA (JFK is the best, LAX comes second).

But if you are either oneworld emerald or connecting from a longhaul First (with various ifs and buts) you can use Flagship if it is open. It is very hidden, so look at the ORD terminal map. It's at the end of the terminal building, stay on the left hand side of the corridor, go right to the end then look toward the right just before you walk into the end wall.
I haven't been there for just over a year now, but last time I was there the food offering consisted of some crackers and some sushi that looked like it had been there a very long time. Drink options weren't too bad though, and the ladies manning it were lovely
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
There are times when I just don't bother walking all the way to the FL. As c-w-s says it's well hidden and right at the end of the K concourse. If my flight is near the entrance to the concourse or one of the H gates, then if I don't have much time I don't bother, it's not worth it.
That said, free food options are certainly better. If you like vegetables and fruit there is usually a nice selection. Also some cheeses and crackers plus some okay drinks. I think there may also be some hot dishes with chicken, etc. but I don't look at that so not sure. At the AC you will need to pay to get any real food or drink (unless you are emerald)
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
JFK is the best, LAX comes second.
I do not usually (dare to?) disagree with you but there are elements of the LAX Flagship Lounge that IMHO can beat the JFK one:

- shower facilities within the lounge (I've once become 'locked out' of the Flagship lounge in JFK and had to go back via the main reception)
- lounge angels within the lounge who can sort out issues: I know there's a single desk in the JFK one but I don't think it's consistently 'manned' / there to help with issues whilst I have found the angels in LAX very good with sorting out issues.

Food: I'd say JFK tops LAX on this though LAX not bad (compared to US lounges - nothing like GC's, GF's or CCR food wise)

both are great for views.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:21 am

JFK serves meatballs. It will therefore win at everything
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:25 am

The AA Flagship lounge at ORD is much better than the normal Admirals club. It is much smaller and as others have noted it is used by JAL flyers. I was in it a couple of weeks ago around just before lunch and there was a fair selection of food out which ranged from breakfast items such as muffins, fresh fruit etc through to rolls, cheese, crackers etc. It all looked and tasted ok. Drinks are provided and again the selection is better than in the Admirals Club lounge plus you do not have to pay after your first free one.
The Flagship lounge in LAX is much better and tends to be much quieter. Food and drink offerings are better with generally hot soup, one or two hot dishes plus lots of sandwiches/rolls/cheese/fruit etc.
I have not been in the Flagship lounge at JFK so do not know how it compares.
There is also another AA Flagship lounge at Miami which I will get to try in October.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I too prefer LAX first, then JFK.

Tho I suspect its down to the time of the day I am usually at these lounges.

LAX - either morning (the sausage is a real treat for me before a long journey) or evening - the hot meal changes often and is always good.

JFK - afternoon - so pretty much nothing hot.

Both lounges I have had dealings with the AAngels and both locations have been excellent in sorting flight issues.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Usual ORD Flagship Lounge afternoon food offerings:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23408415-post148.html
More info and pictures are available in that thread.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
I haven't been there for just over a year now, but last time I was there the food offering consisted of some crackers and some sushi that looked like it had been there a very long time. Drink options weren't too bad though, and the ladies manning it were lovely
Check if you are travelling on a Sunday - last year there was no alcohol till after noon (I think).
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA G, AC*G, PC P, Marriot Plat, Carlson Gold etc....
Use that lounge regularly. Poor lounge with really amazing staff. If you have issues (hopefully travel related), that's the place to go for help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.