Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘Avios for Thoughts’ - points for doing surveys, replaces ‘Rewards for Thoughts’

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘Avios for Thoughts’ - points for doing surveys, replaces ‘Rewards for Thoughts’

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Anyone experienced completing surveys and when asked about what political party you follow as the very last question then disqualify you?
No, and I complete around 2 surveys a week. That seems very odd, I'd raise a query with them and see if they will honour the points.
I once did not get my points for "speeding", allegedly completing the survey too quick. I never did get the points.........

e-rewards seem more likely to instate point if you challenge a decision.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
No, and I complete around 2 surveys a week. That seems very odd, I'd raise a query with them and see if they will honour the points.
I once did not get my points for "speeding", allegedly completing the survey too quick. I never did get the points.........

e-rewards seem more likely to instate point if you challenge a decision.
It did state it would take 30 mins but took me less than 10 mins to complete. I've never been screened out so late in a survey and seriously 50 avios for 30 mins work..
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tilly71
It did state it would take 30 mins but took me less than 10 mins to complete. I've never been screened out so late in a survey and seriously 50 avios for 30 mins work..
Why would you even start a survey for such a pitiful return?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Originally Posted by PeacefulWaters
Why would you even start a survey for such a pitiful return?
Indeed. My cut off is around 20 mins, if I can get 50 Avios for 15 minds of my time, fair enough, but for 30 mins I want more than that ! And I've had 25 Avios for 2-3 minutes several times. They should really tailor the reward to the amount of time spent, like e-rewards; there is no way I'm spending half an hour on a survey !
PeacefulWaters likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Has anyone else had their stream of Rewards for Thoughts survey invitations dry up, as of a couple of weeks ago ?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:51 pm

Rewards for thoughts

Anybody do them ??

i usually do them on breaks in work and have probabley earned about 9000 avios from them , done 2 about a week ago which should of given me 100 , but since avios is now shut down , they are not crediting to the BA rewards app.

anybody else ?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Did about 8-9 surveys a week or so ago...about 4/5 surveys credited to my Avios account using a first Reward for Thoughts account, and the other 4/5 surveys on a different Reward for Thoughts account which credited to my BA Executive Club account.

The avios in each case took around five to six days from completion of the surveys to post on my Avios/BA account.

Hope that helps!
mwp1 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
I do them - did them quite religiously till we got the flights to HKG/OZ booked. Mainly did them on the daily commute by train. Having a wee bit of a break just now. They do post direct to my BAEC account which is where I initially set it up. Usually post 48 hours afterwards.

Between Rewards For Thoughts and e-Rewards, i’ve probably got around 25000 avios over 4 years.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Do them in front of the TV, and also e-rewards. I think over the two accounts I've got something like 36K avios in a year. E-rewards is limited to 2000 a month.

There's no real reason to do them, and I suspect there are similar services attached to real cash, but it's a sort of habit now.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

(from a dedicated family member ….)

Anyone beat this ?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador

I do a few in the evening when my kids go to bed.
Oxon Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've done a few and acquired about 3.5k. However, I pick and choose the "good value" ones. Spending half an hour of time for 50 avios is not worthwhile. Some of them are horrifically tedious to complete.

Posting wise, they're reliably quick.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I've done a few and acquired about 3.5k. However, I pick and choose the "good value" ones. Spending half an hour of time for 50 avios is not worthwhile. Some of them are horrifically tedious to complete.

they were to avios, but BArewards , nope
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bigwalrus

they were to avios, but BArewards , nope
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA Rewards are the only ones I've completed. 3-4 days max posting time, throughout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.