Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘Avios for Thoughts’ - points for doing surveys, replaces ‘Rewards for Thoughts’

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘Avios for Thoughts’ - points for doing surveys, replaces ‘Rewards for Thoughts’

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No matter how much you value Avios, this cannot be a good use of your time.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chrismk
Someone more knowledgeable will correct me if wrong, but unless your computer has its own fixed ip address how can anyone know that particular machine has been used before? Most ip traces will return a server address usually belonging to a corporate network or your service provider. Those addresses will be shared by multiple users!
Cookies
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: BA, Avios
Time Wasters

Have had exactly the same experience. Half completed many surveys and get dumped for the reasons mentioned by others. Seems to me they are just collecting private information. I belong to other survey outfits who do not do this to nearly the same extent. Time wasters, I think I will dump them!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:57 pm

I managed to get up to 1,000 avios within a couple of weeks, but now 7 weeks later they still haven't posted to my BA exec account. I've emailed them about it several times, but they just keep claiming technical difficulties and they'll get back to me.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by Waffles1
I managed to get up to 1,000 avios within a couple of weeks, but now 7 weeks later they still haven't posted to my BA exec account. I've emailed them about it several times, but they just keep claiming technical difficulties and they'll get back to me.
in just over a month I have earned 1100 avios 1075 which have posted to my avios.com account

if I have nothing better to do I will spend a bit of time completing surveys--cant say any have lasted much more than 10-15 minutes

if they start getting too long or I don't have time I wont do them
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:06 pm

Agreed, I have nothing to do while sat on standby at work so I do surveys despite the paltry earnings. Rewards for thoughts is certainly more annoying than e-rewards for late screening and I already sent them a ranty email complaining about such practices. It also earns less than e-rewards.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Just take the 600 Avios and close the account. It worked for a while (with the same inconsistencies as described above - halfway thru "non-eligible", bait-and-switch amount of time/Avios, etc) but for the last several weeks it was as described in the OP. I just closed the account, no more spamming my inbox.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by Waffles1
I managed to get up to 1,000 avios within a couple of weeks, but now 7 weeks later they still haven't posted to my BA exec account ...
It's an avios.com partner, not EC as far as I know. Are you sure you connected your avios.com account?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by Roger
It's an avios.com partner, not EC as far as I know. Are you sure you connected your avios.com account?
from what I understand one can either have them credited to either avios.com or BAEC this is chosen on registration
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
from what I understand one can either have them credited to either avios.com or BAEC this is chosen on registration
Indeed.

https://www.rewardsforthoughts.co.uk/

(Something else learned today. )
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
I got an invitation email a couple of days ago from AAdvantage not BA. Didn't pay a lot of attention before trashing it but am fairly sure it was to join Reward for Thought.

I did sign up to e-rewards some years ago. In many (most?) cases the email says it will take n minutes but if you click through to the landing page it says more. And yes, it's common for them to harvest not only data but also opinions before saying you're not eligible. Since they take us for mugs it seems best to reciprocate in kind. They're mostly multiple choice so if you click at random you can get through a survey very fast. I've had 8k avios from them.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:16 pm

It gave me the option to choose my BA account, so went with that one.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by LondonElite
No matter how much you value Avios, this cannot be a good use of your time.
Some surveys are worth doing just for the bizarre comedy factor :

Originally Posted by Rewards for Thoughts, a Genuine Survey
Have you travelled to Australia in the past 6 months? Yes / No.
Have you been issued a speeding ticket in the past 6 months? Yes / No.
Are you born in January? Yes / No.
Have you visited a shopping center in the last 12 months? Yes / No.
Can you ride a unicycle? Yes / No.
Have you had Lasik surgery in the past 6 months? Yes / No.
Do you own a crab pot? Yes / No.
Purchased or replaced your garbage disposal in the past 6 months? Yes / No.
Have you received a vaccination for malaria in the past 6 months ? Yes / No.
Do you own a fly rod? Yes / No.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:55 pm

Finally received my 1000 avios from these guys after 2 months, looks like they've given me a wee 1000 avios bonus for the trouble. Still cancelled my account though.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:21 pm

Cancelled mine. It was the long series of screening questions that annoyed me together with being rejected as suitable well into a survey. Just took the 600 and cancelled.

I do do e-Rewards surveys and find them much better. Yes, I get rejected for surveys but after just a few screening questions and you still get 25 points for your trouble. Some of the surveys are tedious but I have enjoyed others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.