Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It's actually the flight crew bunks behind the door.
If you can get seats on the RHS it will be more peaceful.
I noticed both late evening flights out of NYC have this strange 12f configuration

How does this affect the feng shui of the cabin

Seems an odd design

How many 777 200s have this configuration?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

B777-200ER | The BA Source

Click on the 4th configuration.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft

I noticed both late evening flights out of NYC have this strange 12f configuration

How does this affect the feng shui of the cabin

Seems an odd design

How many 777 200s have this configuration?
See: https://www.planespotters.net/produc...Status=current
(I believe those that say F13 are actually F12.)

Nine according to that link. And IIRC have the internal code 77F - although I'm not sure that shows up anywhere now.

I see this config of 777-200 quite a lot on the SFO run (along with 747s and A380s.) I quite like the right aisle in the F cabin on these planes. But I dislike F on the 777-200s in general - the worst of the F cabins IMO (and somehow always seems to be paired with uninspired service, for me at least, and leaves me wondering why I bothered. YMMV.)

rb211.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:53 pm

Does anyone know when 1 A/K opens up for selection these days? I heard it had changed at some point and sometimes perhaps doesn’t open up at all online.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
T-72 is what I was recently told.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Does anyone know if the T-72 point for non-golds is T-72 for the flight itself or T-72 for the booking, i.e. an earlier connecting flight?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ExAbz
Does anyone know if the T-72 point for non-golds is T-72 for the flight itself or T-72 for the booking, i.e. an earlier connecting flight?
Answering my own question, it's T-72 for the flight itself. Managed to move Mrs ExAbz to 1K this afternoon.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by abc193
Flying from HND to LHR in F (777) and we would normally go with 2 A & E or F & K and chat across the aisle but 2A/K are taken and we are both silver so can't book 1A/K. All other seats appear to be available.

Have gone for 2E/F for now to avoid the noise from the galley in 1E/F, but wondering if there are any other middle/window seats worth looking at? Somewhat difficult to tell given the staggering of the seats in the middle vs window.

Excited for our first 787 experience outbound (LHR - NRT) in F
I have the same flights booked next month. I've selected 2E/F on both sectors, how did you find your seats?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Bumping this thread...currently in 1K on an A380 F booking - if I switch out my GCH to OW EMER will I be bumped from the seat to elsewhere?

OH is GGL on the same reservation in 1A - I assume making changes to my FFP# shouldn't affect this as well?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
1A/1K Show as Premium

I’m interested in selecting 1A or 1K on a 747 flight in a little less than 72 hours. Definitely my favorite seats on the plane, but am no longer OWE. At about T-74 ExpertFlyer switched from showing these seats as blocked to showing them as open premium seats. (X to P). I see something upthread about the T-72 wisdom no longer holding true. Should I expect to be able to select these seats at OLCI? Any reason to keep checking to see if they become available in the interim? BA site shows them as occupied but I believe that’s standard for seats that one is not entitled to.

Thanks!

edit: For what it’s worth, the seats never became available for online selection, even at T-24, keeping their premium designation. I called YouFirst a few hours later and asked to get a row 1 seat. The agent had to “call London” but after a few minutes on hold confirmed 1A 👍

Last edited by BrewerSEA; Mar 31, 2019 at 10:05 am
Old May 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Any thoughts for a family of four in F to and from SIN? 77N on the way out and A380 on the way back. Two GCH, and two boys 12 & 9

I was thinking either a whole row, (2AEFK on the A380) and/or 1A 1E 2A 2E on the 777 (2K is occupied)

I've tried searching the thread, but no real help.......

all suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks
Old May 1, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Any thoughts for a family of four in F to and from SIN? 77N on the way out and A380 on the way back. Two GCH, and two boys 12 & 9

I was thinking either a whole row, (2AEFK on the A380) and/or 1A 1E 2A 2E on the 777 (2K is occupied)

I've tried searching the thread, but no real help.......

all suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks
I think that's personal choice.
I always book the middle seats when I travel with my partner. And parents right behind. I like the last rows.. 3 and 4.... Only couple seats I would NT book are row 2 on a 747.too open. There I would get 1a k and 2 a k.. But.. 777,787,380...middle.
Had to call last time to get the cradel in row 4 assigned.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:59 am

BA A380 First class seating

I am booking flights to Miami tomorrow -pushing the boat out with the BA sale and booking first class out.
It says the flight is on an A380 and I understand we can book seats for free so does anyone have any advice on the best seats to book?

We are a couple and when I had a look on You Tube it looked like the middle seats might be better for a couple - it looked like there is a screen between the 2 seats that can come down?

Any advice?
Thanks in advance
Old May 18, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The middle seats are ok for couples, you're still quite a long way from each other though.

The A380 First allows for buddy dining so you can dine together in any seat. This means if you want a window seat you can still spend some time together!

I personally favour sitting mid cabin, so either row 2 or 3 as these are furthest away from both the toilets (front) and galley (rear).
Jimmie76 and sarahms like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sarahms
I am booking flights to Miami tomorrow -pushing the boat out with the BA sale and booking first class out.
It says the flight is on an A380 and I understand we can book seats for free so does anyone have any advice on the best seats to book?

We are a couple and when I had a look on You Tube it looked like the middle seats might be better for a couple - it looked like there is a screen between the 2 seats that can come down?

Any advice?
Thanks in advance
Hi,

There is a screen that comes down between the 2 centre seats. I normally travel on my own so I go for a window seat.

Regards

TBS
sarahms likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.