Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ngl100
Hi,

For a couple travelling together are seats 2A and 2K any good ? I can't get row 1 as my wife doesn't have gold card. The seats together in the middle are already occupied.

Thanks in advance
2A and 2K are very good seats, with more personal space than most, but are probably best for solo passengers. If a couple occupied them any conversation would be shared with everyone in the cabin because they are quite far apart. I would have thought something like 1A and 2A, or the K side equivalents, might suit you better.
so3003 and mikeyfly like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GfL
Taking a slightly different view, when travelling with my husband, we try to get 5A and 5E, or 5F and 5K. Why? We are closer together and can chat across the aisle. It almost feels like a mini-suite. We're not too bothered by any traffic (the heaviest is usually just after boarding and take-off) or noise from the galley. As the crew know we are together, typically we get served things such as drinks, PJs, breakfast, etc. at the same time - this makes it feel more personalised.. We always buddy dine, with the E and F seats better as they have more room. This overall approach doesn't work so well in row 4, as 4E and 4F feel more restricted in space.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:39 am

I really do not get the fascination with row 1 in a BA 747 F. Row 2 is far superior.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I really do not get the fascination with row 1 in a BA 747 F. Row 2 is far superior.
I do. Nothing beats being right in the nose
so3003 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Row 1 is the best when travelling with a companion and on a day flight... IMO !
Old May 15, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Ngl100
Hi,.... I can't get row 1 as my wife doesn't have gold card...
Just to clear this up in my own mind - shouldn't he be able to select both seats based on HIS status? ie Isn't the reason he can't select row 1 because of something other than his wife's lack of GC?
Old May 15, 2018, 2:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lincolnite
Just to clear this up in my own mind - shouldn't he be able to select both seats based on HIS status? ie Isn't the reason he can't select row 1 because of something other than his wife's lack of GC?
both passengers would have to have a gold card to select row 1 on a 747.
vintagepilot likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Ok, thanks. Searched all the seating threads but couldn’t find that.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCayley
2A and 2K are very good seats, with more personal space than most, but are probably best for solo passengers. If a couple occupied them any conversation would be shared with everyone in the cabin because they are quite far apart. I would have thought something like 1A and 2A, or the K side equivalents, might suit you better.
I agree. to show, the first photo is looking across from 1a to 1k, the send is standing between those seats with the first ones shown being row 2 and you can see how much further apart they are

Last edited by KARFA; May 15, 2018 at 4:27 am
Old May 15, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by annihilation
I was told by youfirst that anyone can book the bassinet in First. Which I did as it was the only way to sit together after a craft change...
I just did this too by dropping a line to You First and it was no problem. Needed two middle pairs on an A380 to Vancouver as 2 adults plus 2 kids and our usual row 2 was taken which left rows 3 and 4 with the blocked bassinet seat. That said, I'm secretly hoping that there is a spare window seat on the outbound as I'd love to spend some time looking out over Greenland and northern Canada.
annihilation likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:33 pm

Which seats to choose for a couple in F?

Flying from HND to LHR in F (777) and we would normally go with 2 A & E or F & K and chat across the aisle but 2A/K are taken and we are both silver so can't book 1A/K. All other seats appear to be available.

Have gone for 2E/F for now to avoid the noise from the galley in 1E/F, but wondering if there are any other middle/window seats worth looking at? Somewhat difficult to tell given the staggering of the seats in the middle vs window.

Excited for our first 787 experience outbound (LHR - NRT) in F
Old May 19, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I think the EF seats will be the best for chatting as a window/middle seat will have some distance between them and will make a quiet conversation hard.
On the 777 you can use the buddy seat to chat/dine together.

There is no buddy seat on the 787 as the tv screen is out there.

Regards

TBS
Old May 24, 2018, 3:09 pm

First to LAS - what seats?

What seats are best for a couple flying to Las Vegas in first, on a BA 747?
Ive chosen 2A & 2K but would the wife is thinking 2E & 2F as those are closer together but I think they’re too open and less private.
Any advice??
Thanks.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
. There is no 2ef on a 747, only 4ef and 5ef as middle seats

regards

tbs
Old May 24, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
2A and 2K are a great option to be honest, there is a huge space between the seats so not close enough to talk but can see each other and have so much space. On the 747 you can do buddy dining and talk when you want too. The only other better choice is 1a and 1k assuming they aren’t taken by golds prior to 72 hours or so. Really 2A and 2K are the best seats in my mind if you can’t get row 1. Also the wardrobe in front of 1A and 1K isn’t the best.

So stick to your seats, tons of space and just a great feeling! Enjoy your trip it will be great!
noFODplease likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.