Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by SSmiles
hi I currently have seat 2a on a 747 flight to Jfk. Would like to hear opinions on whether I should stick with that seat or change to 1a or 1k once it opens up to non gold members. Heard that 1a/k are close to each other and not private and 2a has great privacy. Some opinions would be great as it’s my first time in F. Thansk
Hi,

None of the seats in F on the 747 are that great for privacy ( compared to say the A380) but some people prefer 2A but 1a/1k are unique.
Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 20, 2018 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For me, the best thing about 1a or 1k is that you are almost facing forward (further forward than the pilot) so get great views. Row 1 seats are closer than row 2, but still very private.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:57 am

Avoid row 1 in a BA 747 - it is the worst F seat in the fleet in my opinion. Far too close to other people. Row 2 is better.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hi SSmiles, this is one of the topics on which you will find a lot of information if you do a search. Maybe start with the dashboard and you'll see links to seating guides for F and by plane type, but also do a search (google works better than FT's own engine!) with best seat ba f 744 flyertalk or something equivalent and you'll see lots of threads discussing this and the pros and cons of rows 1 and 2.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
As a solo traveller I prefer row 2 in 744 F, due to greater space next to the seat and (at least IMO) more personal space in the seat area than row 1. Also, row 1 doesn't have overhead lockers and can be disturbed by people using the front wardrobe.

However, it is personal preference and 747 row 1 is a unique experience (of diminishing availability) which I'd recommend anyone to try once if they have the opportunity. You may find you absolutely love it, numerous people do.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:25 am

Regarding the privacy statements, if you're sitting back in your seat in 1A you can't see your "neighbour" in 1K. You actively have to lean forward to do that, so I'd contend it is reasonably private. If you really want privacy then hire a private jet
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by GrahamClarke
Regarding the privacy statements, if you're sitting back in your seat in 1A you can't see your "neighbour" in 1K. You actively have to lean forward to do that, so I'd contend it is reasonably private. If you really want privacy then hire a private jet
Not only do you have to lean forward but also twist your body! Even contorted like this the person in 1K needs to do the same if you want to see or talk to one another.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
1A/K is great when travelling with someone. As a solo traveller I would always prefer 2A/K.

2K when right handed, 2A when left handed, turns it into the perfect seat - because then your champagne will be easier to reach. ;-)
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
hi I currently have seat 2a on a 747 flight to Jfk. Would like to hear opinions on whether I should stick with that seat or change to 1a or 1k once it opens up to non gold members. Heard that 1a/k are close to each other and not private and 2a has great privacy. Some opinions would be great as it’s my first time in F. Thansk
Personally I would stick with the K side of the plane if flying to JFK (or anywhere westward from the UK). Otherwise you will have the sun on your side of the plane and shining in through the window.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 11, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
hi I currently have seat 2a on a 747 flight to Jfk. Would like to hear opinions on whether I should stick with that seat or change to 1a or 1k once it opens up to non gold members. Heard that 1a/k are close to each other and not private and 2a has great privacy. Some opinions would be great as it’s my first time in F.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hi SSmiles, this is one of the topics on which you will find a lot of information if you do a search. Maybe start with the dashboard and you'll see links to seating guides for F and by plane type, but also do a search (google works better than FT's own engine!) with best seat ba f 744 flyertalk or something equivalent and you'll see lots of threads discussing this and the pros and cons of rows 1 and 2.
Now that this has been merged into this thread, I will just post a link to the start of a short and very recent identical discussion a few posts above: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29445563 so you can quickly find a couple more views.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:38 pm

777 to Houston in First is 2E/F better than 1E/F thank you, night flight
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes they are.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes they are.
thank you that was a speedy reply, much appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Not really a question I am just very excited. I know many of you First is no unusual however we have only ever done J 3 times before and we have just managed to secure First for BA117 LHR-JFK. FOR Christmas and are a little excited.

We have selected 1E/F so we can talk

A bit gutted it’s such an early flight so won’t get the Full first experience regarding the food but tbe time gives us more time in NYC and it was the only First available today.

Hope to mange to get time to have a Spa treatment I assume we will need to call as soon at bookings open 28 days before to get the 7am slots before 0830 flight.

Many other thoughts or observations for our First First flight welcomed
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes they are.
why do you think 2E/F is better than 1 E/F we have the option of both. I assumed 1 would be more private. It’s seems a split between row one or row 2 as favourite depending where you look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.