Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by geezersrule
thanks Flyiboy. how do you find the information that it will be either a 777-200 or 777-300 or some other plane?
There are many ways to find out which aircraft you will be using. You can do a dummy booking on BA and the select seat map. U can also use flight apps to see history of Airline routes and current tracks.. I use FlightAware.. https://uk.flightaware.com
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:27 am

Hi all - about to do a F with my wife and kids in tow. MY kids are 9 and 7 and experienced flyers. However we've never all been in F together. At present the entire Cabin is open apart from 1A and 1K - which are blocked for Status holders.

its a night flight out so most of it will be sleeping, but i'd like to keep an eye on my kids (as would my wife!). Any suggestions if we should go take the full row 2 with me and the wife on window seats or, 1 E&F and 2 E&F with 1 parent and 1 child on each row?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by rtid
Hi all - about to do a F with my wife and kids in tow. MY kids are 9 and 7 and experienced flyers. However we've never all been in F together. At present the entire Cabin is open apart from 1A and 1K - which are blocked for Status holders.

its a night flight out so most of it will be sleeping, but i'd like to keep an eye on my kids (as would my wife!). Any suggestions if we should go take the full row 2 with me and the wife on window seats or, 1 E&F and 2 E&F with 1 parent and 1 child on each row?
What aircraft please?

In any event you won't all be able to get in the windows (unless you nab one of the row 1 seats at t-72 and that's not guaranteed), and if you want to watch the kids I think you have it right with the middle seats. At least that way you can both keep an eye out rather than having two in the middle and one parent keeping lookout!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:54 am

Sorry it's a 777.

Yup I think both middle will have to do it as well so we can have 1 each!

Originally Posted by obduro
What aircraft please?

In any event you won't all be able to get in the windows (unless you nab one of the row 1 seats at t-72 and that's not guaranteed), and if you want to watch the kids I think you have it right with the middle seats. At least that way you can both keep an eye out rather than having two in the middle and one parent keeping lookout!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by SRG80
Thank you both for the info, much appreciated, will move accordingly!

Out of interest, as it is the lower J config, will the seat/ AVOD differ to the more modern equipment?
AVOD is old type sadly, came back from ORD on one of the 52J birds on Monday in F, night flight so not an issue, but the difference in AVOD offerings between the 86J and 52J birds is noticeable!

Pilot37
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by rtid
Sorry it's a 777.

Yup I think both middle will have to do it as well so we can have 1 each!
Middle seats will be perfect for you, have a great flight.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
AVOD is old type sadly, came back from ORD on one of the 52J birds on Monday in F, night flight so not an issue, but the difference in AVOD offerings between the 86J and 52J birds is noticeable!

Pilot37
agreed, my flight out included 2 headsets, 1 system reboot and a seat change! Thankfully only 5 people in the cabin so plenty to choose from!
Old May 2, 2017, 8:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thanks FT

I did my FT research and managed to snag 1A/1K for my husband and myself on a 744 72 hrs before the flight. In fact it was actually was 30 minutes before the 72 hour window. ( I was checking frequently)
Old May 5, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Silver
My wife and I are flying to BOS in July on the 14F 777. I've currently selected 1K and 2K. Should I go for 2K and 3K instead? Only 2A is taken at the moment.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Nobody answered this query which I posted on the "Seating guide: Boeing 777" thread, so I am posting it here, as I think this thread is more specific. I hope the mods don't mind!

For a couple on a 777 (most likely to be a 777-200 with the toilets in the front): Would 1EF be better (maybe noise from the toilets) or 4EF (galley noise)? 2EF are already taken.
Old May 23, 2017, 1:22 pm

Would try for 2&3 a or k myself...
Old May 23, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rakehey
Would try for 2&3 a or k myself...
We would like to sit together. 2EF are taken. No row 3. It is either 1EF or 4EF.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
We found middle seats in row one to be great
was a day flight though
Old May 23, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by stewaran
We found middle seats in row one to be great
was a day flight though
Thanks. Ours is also a day flight. I took 1EF but was not sure, and 4EF are still available so I was not sure what to do.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
Nobody answered this query which I posted on the "Seating guide: Boeing 777" thread, so I am posting it here, as I think this thread is more specific. I hope the mods don't mind!

For a couple on a 777 (most likely to be a 777-200 with the toilets in the front): Would 1EF be better (maybe noise from the toilets) or 4EF (galley noise)? 2EF are already taken.
This is actually rather embarrasing, as I can now see that I asked the same question 6 months ago ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27523740-post926.html

My apologies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.