Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SRG80
I'm on a daytime A380 flight LHR-LAX; which would be a better seat option, 1A or 2K?
Both great seats, but being right hand champagne holder I'd go with 2k
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:21 pm

I'm on a daytime A380 flight LHR-LAX; which would be a better seat option, 1A or 2K?
I'd pick the A side of course (and I'm right handed, but can quaff champagne - and any other drink - quite ambidextrously)
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
Myself and partner are flying LHR - HKG on 777 First Seats 4a and 4e at the back of the cabin. Chose these seats as it's our first time in First and would like to take some pics without disturbing anyone behind or looking like a Twat.

I also wanted a window seat, and my partner wanted us to sit together so the seat choice was the obvious compromise. However, I never thought about the left and right handed champagne holders .... He's left handed, so would suit him better also if we change over to the other side.

The toilet being next to us, I don't think will bother us too much, we usually fly economy, so sharing with 5 other people will be nothing compared to at least 50!!

Just out of interest am I correct in saying there in no OW arrivals lounge in HKG?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Some 777 the toilets are in front in F - do you know which one you are on? Also I would take two K seats if you are not going to sit in the middle together. You can still dine / drink / take photos together from the buddy seat
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Woody12354
Myself and partner are flying LHR - HKG on 777 First Seats 4a and 4e at the back of the cabin. Chose these seats as it's our first time in First and would like to take some pics without disturbing anyone behind or looking like a Twat.

I also wanted a window seat, and my partner wanted us to sit together so the seat choice was the obvious compromise. However, I never thought about the left and right handed champagne holders .... He's left handed, so would suit him better also if we change over to the other side.

The toilet being next to us, I don't think will bother us too much, we usually fly economy, so sharing with 5 other people will be nothing compared to at least 50!!

Just out of interest am I correct in saying there in no OW arrivals lounge in HKG?
There is a CX arrivals lounge, but it is a short walk in a regional terminal
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA
On our recent trip to Italy, we took 4E and F from JFK-LHR, as it was our first First, and we wanted to sit together. On the way back we got 2K and 3K just to try something different.

I'm glad we got the seats together on the way over, but I swear - no matter what the official line is (all seats same size), I'm telling you, on a 747 the side seats DO have more room than the middle ones. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but a 6'7" man can stretch out nicely in the side ones, but not so much in the middle ones.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There is a CX arrivals lounge, but it is a short walk in a regional terminal
However, AIUI that lounge is not available to someone arriving on BA, even in First.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BrooklynDave
On our recent trip to Italy, we took 4E and F from JFK-LHR, as it was our first First, and we wanted to sit together. On the way back we got 2K and 3K just to try something different.

I'm glad we got the seats together on the way over, but I swear - no matter what the official line is (all seats same size), I'm telling you, on a 747 the side seats DO have more room than the middle ones. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but a 6'7" man can stretch out nicely in the side ones, but not so much in the middle ones.
My spouse and I are doing a RT SEA-CDG in F w/ BA. We choose 2A and 3A. We both like windows, we spend nearly 24/7 with each other, and most likely we will be sleeping for part of the trip. We felt we would be more comfortable and private on the sides instead of the middle two.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond

My better half is the same about us sitting together, but at the same time he also likes a window seat. It was his first First earlier in the year so on the night flight we sat together in 4E/F and on the day flight back took 3A/4A. Toilet didn't really bother us, there are so few people who use it. Also, neither of us are slender anymore, but easily enough room to have drinks and nuts together before having dinner in our own seats.

I'm right handed, fly in an A seat whenever possible, never felt awkward with the champagne on the wrong side / wrong hand - I'm sure you'll both cope well once you've had the first couple of glasses
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze!! Hilton Gold
The seat plans show the toilets at the rear ... Think il just stick with the seats we have ... Your right by the time we leave the CCR il not care what hand I'm drinking champagne from
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:11 am

BA F 777 - 12F vs 14F?

Next week, I'm on a BA 777 in First from IAH-LHR. The layout for F is 12 F seats. I have normally seen 14 F seats on the 777. Is the 12F layout older, newer, or the same compared to the other BA F 777 configurations? Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by irishflyer07
Next week, I'm on a BA 777 in First from IAH-LHR. The layout for F is 12 F seats. I have normally seen 14 F seats on the 777. Is the 12F layout older, newer, or the same compared to the other BA F 777 configurations? Thanks!
It is still New First. There is a crew rest where 3K/4K would be.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by irishflyer07
The layout is the same but there are two crew rest seats. These aircraft are normally used on longer routes.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
The layout is the same but there are two crew rest seats. These aircraft are normally used on longer routes.
That is good to hear. Is the IFE the same on that 12F configuration compared to the 14F? (e.g., personal TV screen size, etc).

Thanks for the quick responses!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It's actually the flight crew bunks behind the door.
If you can get seats on the RHS it will be more peaceful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.