Seating Queries: First

Reply

Old Aug 26, 18, 12:34 pm
  #1351  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA
Posts: 18
I had a similar thought process a few months ago. When online check-in opened 1a and 1k were available, we had already decided to risk it so we took them. We were not bumped although at check-in the cabin was half full, but when boarding completed it was full.
flyingManc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 18, 11:17 am
  #1352  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Posts: 99
I just checked and 1K is now unblocked and free. So I've taken it. And hopefully I'll get to hold onto it!
Tobias-UK likes this.
jdsworld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 11:44 am
  #1353  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
Posts: 110
Couple and baby

Hi,

We're flying overnight in a 747 in F. We are a couple with a baby just under 1 year old.

5F is marked as the cot seat, but where would be best for the other adult? 5E in the centre or K across the aisle?

I'm very tall so extra space is always a consideration.

Thanks!

Last edited by BardLucyHumeXI; Sep 2, 18 at 4:55 pm
BardLucyHumeXI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 18, 12:44 pm
  #1354  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 161
Originally Posted by BardLucyHumeXI View Post
Hi,

We're flying overnight in a 747 in F. We are a couple with a baby just under 1 year old.

5F is marked as the cot seat, but where would be best for the other adult? 5E in the centre of K across the aisle?

I'm very tall so extra space is always a consideration.

Thanks!
Go 5K, windows are better.
Will100 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 7:40 am
  #1355  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 211
Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's? Is there a way to see images of the cabin?
FrogTastic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 7:59 am
  #1356  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: London / Brighton
Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,195
Originally Posted by FrogTastic View Post
Im flying WTP from LHR - > CPT on a 747. Would this be the older WTP and CW's? Is there a way to see images of the cabin?
This thread is for First seating queries, take a look at Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus where you should find your answer (or be able to pose the question)
Lucanesque is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 18, 8:16 am
  #1357  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by Lucanesque View Post
This thread is for First seating queries, take a look at Seating Queries: World Traveller Plus where you should find your answer (or be able to pose the question)
I do apologise, I got over excited when it came up in the search.
Lucanesque likes this.
FrogTastic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 18, 6:31 am
  #1358  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 44
Travelling on a 744 to SAN next year with Mrs ExABZ, I have Gold status but unable to select 1A\K even though they are open on both outbound and inbound. Is there a reason for this?
ExAbz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 18, 6:34 am
  #1359  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ipswich
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 7,196
Are you trying to select both? You can only select them if both passengers are gold. Best select one for yourself and the window behind for your wife if she's not gold. Nearer checkin you may be able to nab the other if it's still free.
ExAbz likes this.
windowontheAside is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 18, 6:36 am
  #1360  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: British Airways
Posts: 119
Originally Posted by ExAbz View Post
Travelling on a 744 to SAN next year with Mrs ExABZ, I have Gold status but unable to select 1A\K even though they are open on both outbound and inbound. Is there a reason for this?
Those seats are blocked for Gold status pax only. You would be able to pick it for yourself but not for Mrs. ExABZ, except if she also has Gold status.
ExAbz likes this.
Scandinavian traveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 18, 8:16 am
  #1361  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by windowontheAside View Post
Are you trying to select both? You can only select them if both passengers are gold. Best select one for yourself and the window behind for your wife if she's not gold. Nearer checkin you may be able to nab the other if it's still free.
Ah that's it, she's a silver (BAEC). Thanks for the info.
ExAbz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 18, 5:13 pm
  #1362  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,494
777-300 (described as 77W on HND-LHR leg) we've got a totally open cabin to choose from. It's a day flight so trying to select the best pair.
Currently in 1EF, with 2/4EF available.
Row 4 is bassinet row so risky for change of seating if required.
Row 1 I'm assuming is by the galley, not best for noise?
Row 2 may therefore be the best option?
Window for both of us seems antisocial and we're doing a middle/window split on the night flight out, unless someone has better suggestion (maybe that's best both ways, assuming one lands the best crew member)?
Opinions appreciated!
mmxbreaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 12:23 am
  #1363  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 1,494
On the 747 in F 1a/k are occupied, as is 4e/f.
Therefore I think 5e/f is the best option, despite galley proximity.
It's a day flight, we want to chat and want to be sat together. Only other logical pairing is 5a/e, I think, but that seems too distant?
2a/k also available but, again, daytime flight with chat puts them too far apart... Although a window seat each would be nice!
Am I making the best decision with the row 5 pair?
​​​​​
mmxbreaks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 12:26 am
  #1364  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
777-300 (described as 77W on HND-LHR leg) we've got a totally open cabin to choose from. It's a day flight so trying to select the best pair.
Currently in 1EF, with 2/4EF available.
Row 4 is bassinet row so risky for change of seating if required.
Row 1 I'm assuming is by the galley, not best for noise?
Row 2 may therefore be the best option?
Window for both of us seems antisocial and we're doing a middle/window split on the night flight out, unless someone has better suggestion (maybe that's best both ways, assuming one lands the best crew member)?
Opinions appreciated!
With the buddy dining always an option for a drink and a chat I wouldn’t say it’s antisocial; once you’re watching a film etc it doesn’t really make much difference where you’re sitting. I’d go window/window.
TheFlyingCyclist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 18, 12:27 am
  #1365  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks View Post
On the 747 in F 1a/k are occupied, as is 4e/f.
Therefore I think 5e/f is the best option, despite galley proximity.
It's a day flight, we want to chat and want to be sat together. Only other logical pairing is 5a/e, I think, but that seems too distant?
2a/k also available but, again, daytime flight with chat puts them too far apart... Although a window seat each would be nice!
Am I making the best decision with the row 5 pair?
​​​​​
2ak and make use of the buddy seats if you want to chat. They are so much better as only 1ak will ever walk past you and a great feeling of space due to the wide empty cabin at that point.
TheFlyingCyclist is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread