Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by MrBambi

We’ve just done return F flights on the 787-9 and much preferred 2E/F over 1E/F, felt more spacious.

Either way they’re great seats.
Would you mind expanding on how they feel more spacious? And was service impacted by being in row 2 instead of up front? We’re having the same conundrum for our first First to KUL in October.

Sorry I know this is pedantic in the extreme but I guess that is what these forums are for!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no difference in the service but sitting further back from the bulkhead means that you get the feeling of more space around you, the seats are all exactly the same.
Also in row 2 you do not get the distraction of people come through the curtain or being able to see slightly into the galley.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:48 am
NPC

Programs: BAEC - Silver, HHonors - Silver
My partner and I are off to SFO next year and I'm treating her to a return in F. She is a nervous flyer so I have booked seats next to each other. I'm starting to think that maybe I've made a mistake on the seat booking having read some reviews/opinions. I've gone for 4E/F on the way out on the 747 and 2E/F on the way back on the A380. The reason being so I can be right next to her if the turbulence kicks in (and the LPGS hasn't!).
Being only a Silver I can't book 1A/K on the 747 but I'm wondering what other seats would be best for a couple travelling together on the 747. I'm fairly happy with the seats on the way back on the A380 as they seem to have good reviews for couples travelling together.
Any opinions/advice welcome on this matter!!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NPC
My partner and I are off to SFO next year and I'm treating her to a return in F. She is a nervous flyer so I have booked seats next to each other. I'm starting to think that maybe I've made a mistake on the seat booking having read some reviews/opinions. I've gone for 4E/F on the way out on the 747 and 2E/F on the way back on the A380. The reason being so I can be right next to her if the turbulence kicks in (and the LPGS hasn't!).
Being only a Silver I can't book 1A/K on the 747 but I'm wondering what other seats would be best for a couple travelling together on the 747. I'm fairly happy with the seats on the way back on the A380 as they seem to have good reviews for couples travelling together.
Any opinions/advice welcome on this matter!!
My partner is a nervous flier too and likes to look out through the window, so we're usually in window seats on either side of the cabin. You can still dine together on 747, 777 and 380 - with 380 being the most generous in space around the buddy seat.
NPC likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:56 am
NPC

I'm a massive window fan and always would have a window seat. My partner is that bad she doesn't want to see outside which is causing the issues as otherwise I'd go for 2+3/K on the way out. I wouldn't want there to be lots of turbulence and not be able to hold her hand is my main concern but having read about the centre seats on the 744 being quite overlooked etc what the next best option would be. The only other 2 seats in the cabin that are taken on the flight are 2A+3A which I'd have no interest in anyway with the sun blazing through them for the flight!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:59 am

No chance you’d be able to hold hands in turbulence on any other than the middle two seats I’m afraid!
NPC likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:04 am
NPC

Originally Posted by Kerchiss
No chance you’d be able to hold hands in turbulence on any other than the middle two seats I’m afraid!
I thought as much, as it is a day flight I'm not overly fussed about the lack of privacy going out. I doubt I'd have much more than a nap too so I'll stick with 4E/F unless I can pinch 1A/K a lot closer to the time! I've just had a look and can't even book 5E/F as that is blocked for the bassinet seat. Unless my partner hasn't told me something it will just be the two of us going!!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Kerchiss
on the 747 on the basis of a flight 2 days ago i can definitely say you can hold hands between 1a and 1k on a 747.
4e 4f also look good seats for this as well.
NPC likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by firstlight
on the 747 on the basis of a flight 2 days ago i can definitely say you can hold hands between 1a and 1k on a 747.
Agreed - definitely possible, definitely done.
NPC likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Never again on row 1 on the 777. The proximity to the galley is very annoying: the chatting, the loud opening and closing of the cupboards, the general noise.

A member of the crew having a persistent cough didn’t help either. I felt for her, but in my opinion she didn’t seem fit to fly and handle food.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was going to ask about choosing between 1E/F and 2E/F on a 777, but it seems folks over here prefer 2E/F?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes 2EF are better.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes 2EF are better.
Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
First First on a 747 - seating

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm booked to fly my first First on Thursday, currently in seat 2K. Pretty happy with that, since most people on here say it's a better seat. That said, it may be my first and last First on a 747, and I would love to just once sit in row 1. Expert Flyer currently shows 1A as occupied but 1K as blocked. I know from reading these threads that 1A/K are always blocked for Golds, until approx 72 hours out. So...if I check tomorrow and 1K is open and I take it, is there any possibility a Gold could come along three hours later and bump me off 1K?

Like I say, no hardship if I end up in 2K.

I'm back on a 777 so 2A is just perfect there.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:20 am

Take it. You won’t get bumped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.