Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by snuffi
When I was researching something similar, I turned to youtube.
Further resources include the photo search engines at airliners.net and jetphotos.net, FT trip reports, and blogger trip reports.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for the replies to my long list of 747 F questions.

I'm traveling with colleagues one in F, 2 in CW hence some questions around mobility within and across sections. We generally meet up and have a quiet drink in the galley. I prefer not jumping over seats (cutting across galley, without bothering crew by going through kitchen is best) or doing the conga (fastening the curtain is fine but the rope is a real pain).

I like to know the catering and crew locations because I can just get a snack/drink myself and only call/find on crew if something is wrong, not bother them with silly things.

I have to say I don't like the looks of this layout, I much prefer the more balanced F on 777. I may swap seats with a colleague in CW, I quiet like CW on 747 especially upper deck.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by varkey
I like to know the catering and crew locations because I can just get a snack/drink myself and only call/find on crew if something is wrong, not bother them with silly things.

I have to say I don't like the looks of this layout, I much prefer the more balanced F on 777. I may swap seats with a colleague in CW, I quiet like CW on 747 especially upper deck.
The crew are (partly) there to come and serve you! Don't feel guilty about pressing the call button - that's what it's there for. In First, you shouldn't really have to press the call button as the cabin crew should be checking the cabin regularly.

747 First feels slightly less spacious than 777 First, but is more private in Rows 1/2.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hi - quick query probably answered many times; I am First on return from JFK next week. I am in 2K (Silver) and would like to bag 1A or 1K - just because! If these aren't reserved by GCH when will they open up?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Hi - quick query probably answered many times; I am First on return from JFK next week. I am in 2K (Silver) and would like to bag 1A or 1K - just because! If these aren't reserved by GCH when will they open up?

Thanks
Around T-72 hrs. It isn't exact though and sometimes the are released early so I would check every day in the run up to T-72hrs, and then every few hours from T-84 hrs onwards.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Bear in mind that if you are travelling solo, 1A (or 1K) won't be very private with somebody occupying the seat across the aisle. There is a certain novelty factor to 1AK though.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Genius1
Bear in mind that if you are travelling solo, 1A (or 1K) won't be very private with somebody occupying the seat across the aisle. There is a certain novelty factor to 1AK though.
I flew in 1A in October from MEX and did not find the proximity of the passenger in 1K an issue; certainly not as much as I had expected.

As I had been upgraded at the gate, I was not complaining!!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
Hmmm so what's your opinion? Stick with 2k??
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm so what's your opinion? Stick with 2k??
If you've not done 1AK before, I would try one of those seats for the fun of it - the view forward is pretty good! My personal preference is 2AK.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many thanks Genius1. I think I will pre dine (drink!) and pretty much sleep the whole way - would 1K or 2k be best for privacy and least disturbance?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Many thanks Genius1. I think I will pre dine (drink!) and pretty much sleep the whole way - would 1K or 2k be best for privacy and least disturbance?
If you sit in 1K, no one will be walking past you. You will be fine in either seat.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:41 pm

can someone please tell me whats in the space,in the middle, between 3A and 3K. This is for BA flight 66, PHI to LHR.
Seats are as follows:

1A 1E,1F 1K
2A 2E,2F 2K
3A ____ 3K
4A 4E,4F 4K
5A 5E,5F 5K

Note the symbol( ______ ) between 3A and 3K, means that there is no seat shown on the seat map on BA website (when selecting seat on manage my account link). Is this just an open space or is it a table of some sort for the FA to temporarily hold food and drinks on?

BTW 1A and 1K already gone.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:32 am

SYYDER67, there is no space for the missing seats on the 777. The way the middle seat pairs are located in the cabin means that there is no space. The four pairs take up the space as they are not angled towards the window like the single window seats.

I generally choose row 2 on night flights so that you are a little further away from the galley.

Have a good flight.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPYDER67
can someone please tell me whats in the space,in the middle, between 3A and 3K.
Have you looked at any images of the 777 First cabin?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
Around T-72 hrs. It isn't exact though and sometimes the are released early so I would check every day in the run up to T-72hrs, and then every few hours from T-84 hrs onwards.
Quick update KARFA - got 1A literally 84 hours to the minute! Thanks for the top tip ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.