Seating Queries: First

Old Nov 27, 14, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Furton View Post
Having read through this thread I don't think there's a definitive answer on the best seats for a couple in First on the 747.
I think that's correct, and I doubt that there will ever be a definitive answer on this! There are pros and cons to every arrangement, although I suspect it's easy to say that for a couple on their honeymoon, 1A + 5K will not be a preferred solution.
Old Nov 27, 14, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Blue; AA Platinum; Marriott Gold
I recently flew 1AK outbound and 2AK inbound on 744 with my mum. 1AK were fantastic with 2AK a close second. I did observe center seats together and would opt for 2AK every time if 1AK were not attainable. Forward privacy of rows 1 and 2 were the reason and no need to lean forward due to privacy screen nor walk around to the other seat that goes with the center seats. You can easily look over in 1 and 2. Cognizant of not being loud to disrupt others, it is easy to exchange a few words in row 1. You can just lean your head over. Less so in row 2 so I just jumped up from 2A to 2K to chat. And I am one to enjoy seeing more cabin in front of me, yet would still opt for rows 1 or 2 instead of center seats. Obviously, personal preference and many may rightfully think differently.
Old Dec 3, 14, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi guys,

I am confused by the different reccomendations. Mainly because on some posts are unclear as to whihc metal they refer to.

I am flying BA199 (23 Dec) and 198 (15 Jan) with my OH over xmas. We are currently booked 2K/2F and then returning 2A/3A to obtain a compromise between sitting together and having window seats.

Given that the two criteria are as above, have I made a good choice or should I change? My wife might not be best pleased if it turns out she will not to be able to speak to me on either journeys...
Old Dec 3, 14, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by flieduk View Post
Hi guys,

I am confused by the different reccomendations. Mainly because on some posts are unclear as to whihc metal they refer to.

I am flying BA199 (23 Dec) and 198 (15 Jan) with my OH over xmas. We are currently booked 2K/2F and then returning 2A/3A to obtain a compromise between sitting together and having window seats.

Given that the two criteria are as above, have I made a good choice or should I change? My wife might not be best pleased if it turns out she will not to be able to speak to me on either journeys...
By the seat numbers selected, you are referring to a 777, correct?

If so, I feel, and others have said, that 2K/F are not a good choice for "sitting together," rather pick any of 2, 3,4E/F for that purpose if possible.

tnt
Old Dec 3, 14, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by tnt10 View Post

If so, I feel, and others have said, that 2K/F are not a good choice for "sitting together," rather pick any of 2, 3,4E/F for that purpose if possible.

tnt

Correct 777-300

Thanks for your help
Old Dec 3, 14, 11:45 am

tnt

Booked 2E and 2F although it seems that the centre seats in Row 3 are blanked out (i.e. not taken, just non-existent on MMB).

What is the issue with row 1? I notice you miss it out but I also notice that some sites (like SeatGuru) say that Row 1A is restricted because of the bulkhead but BA source reccomend it because of view.

Last edited by flieduk; Dec 3, 14 at 11:52 am
Old Dec 3, 14, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flieduk View Post
What is the issue with row 1?
Closer to the noise-producing galley.
Old Dec 3, 14, 12:09 pm

For what it's worth, following the tips on this thread and relentless studies of photos and seatguru (I know, obsessed...), I have picked my First First seats on the basis of the following:

LHR - PEK: 744 - 4E/4F. Not as private, granted, but as this is kind of a daytime flight (ok - early evening at best), it would nice to be able to spend some time with my better half. Most of the flight will be in darkness anyway so not much to miss out of the windows...

HKG - LHR: 777 - 2K/3K. Genuine night flight, so not much going on outside and we'll both sleep the whole way so not bothered about chatting. Can always wake up for breakfast, and the 4am arrival over the City is always quite special
Old Dec 3, 14, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold

tnt
I second that. The only pair of seats that are good for "sitting together" as I understand that expression are centre pairs E/F. This applies to 747, 777 and A380. Other pairings are good for travelling together (as opposed to sitting together) and they have their pros and cons. With two window seats you both get a window seat and additionally, if the seats are opposed (1A/1K, 2A/2K) rather than in line (2K/3K etc.), you can see each other. But interaction is limited. You can only keep up a private conversation if one of you uses the other's buddy seat or goes to squat in the aisle next to the partner's seat. The cabin caters for all preferences, you just need to know your own preference.
Old Dec 13, 14, 11:08 am

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald
BA15 (777) LHR-SYD - First Class (for a couple)

Hi,

Firstly, a big to all on here that have helped make it possible for us to get 2 F seats LHR-SYD!!

Are there any good seats for travelling on 777 with someone else (my girlfriend) when we ideally want:

To sit next to each other (or as close as possible in F).
And for one of us to have a window.

Is this possible or do we have to sacrifice on one or the other??

(I'm enjoying having these problems )

Hope someone out there can help.

Cheers,
Old Dec 13, 14, 11:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
If you want to sit close enough to talk then I would take the centre pairs.
If you want a window then I would take either two windows e.g. 2A and 3A. You can then use the buddy seat to dine/talk.

See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
Old Dec 13, 14, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would take 2EF if you want a pair or 2K and 3K for two window seats.
Old Dec 13, 14, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you want seats close to each other but with one a window go for row 1.
Old Dec 14, 14, 10:19 pm

What's wrong with 5A?

I was thinking of picking 5A for a solo trip, LHR-SFO (744).

Get to see the full expanse of the cabin, and it would feel private since you are behind everyone - even a little behind 5C/E. Kinda cosy!

Galley noise no concern with Bose NC in-ear phones.

Anyone second that motion?
Old Dec 15, 14, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GOLD
I've done 5A on 744 a couple of times. I actually rather like it on a daytime flight. I like looking at the rest of the cabin and because it's at the back, it does feel relatively private.

Search this Thread