FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating Queries: First (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1612603-seating-queries-first.html)

Greenpen Nov 4, 2014 6:14 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside (Post 23789029)
So much depends on how you like to travel as a couple. Do you want to talk to each other during the flight? If so, then picking two window seats means you would have to get up and visit the other person. In the centre seats you can have a conversation.

Agree. Only row 1 has any degree of privacy - all the others can be overlooked one way or another. I go for 4E/F.

SteveF Nov 4, 2014 6:18 am

Five responses and we've now got 1A/K (opposite sides), 4E/F (centre pair) and 2A/3A (one behind the other); that's basically all of the combinations already, which shows that there is no clear answer.

We've got 4E/F and 3A/4A on or next F return, but I can't say it really bothers me; any two seats are fine really.

jiggy_fly Nov 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Flying solo SFO-LHR (assuming this is NF). I have 3A assigned. 1A/K are available. Should I switch to 1A or K?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Globaliser Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jiggy_fly (Post 23846675)
Flying solo SFO-LHR (assuming this is NF). I have 3A assigned. 1A/K are available. Should I switch to 1A or K?

Which aircraft type are you flying?

tyddynonn Nov 15, 2014 3:11 pm

If it's a 744, yes!

Can I help you Nov 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I would stay in 3A, 1A and 1K are too close together for a single traveller.

jiggy_fly Nov 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Yes - it's a 744. I think I'll give 1K a try.

Mattyb44 Nov 21, 2014 5:52 am

Any pics of the 777 with just 12F seats? Have this config in MMB for our flight back from LA in January.

TATLTale Nov 21, 2014 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Mattyb44 (Post 23875913)
Any pics of the 777 with just 12F seats? Have this config in MMB for our flight back from LA in January.

Pictures of it? It's not very exciting, it looks exactly the same just there's no seats where 3K and 4K would be. It's a nice config to be on though, I've always found it to be very quiet on that side.

Mattyb44 Nov 21, 2014 6:15 am

Originally Posted by TATLTale (Post 23875971)
Pictures of it? It's not very exciting, it looks exactly the same just there's no seats where 3K and 4K would be. It's a nice config to be on though, I've always found it to be very quiet on that side.

Yes, pictures. Just for reference sake. I had a good look around and couldnt find any.

Furton Nov 27, 2014 5:53 am

Having read through this thread I don't think there's a definitive answer on the best seats for a couple in First on the 747.

Going on Honeymoon in October 15, first time flying First. Intention was for the outbound to sit in 5 E&F outbound then 2 A&K inbound. Row 5 looks better for conversing (which I suppose we should do after getting married :p ) with Row 2 looking good for sleeping and having a window seat.

Unfortunately I can only get CW availability on the return flight so need to decide on Row 2 or 5 for the outbound.

It it possible to converse easily in row 2 or is the gap too big? I did consider 4 E&F however on the photos it looks very open, unlike 5 E&F which seems a bit more private, is that right?

Can I help you Nov 27, 2014 6:02 am

I would take row 2, it is possible to speak to each other although I wouldn't want to have a long conversation as it may disturb other customers, I don't think it's that easy to chat and see each other in 4EF or 5EF because of the separation screen.
Row 2 is nice, you can see each other easily and could eat together if you like.

Greenpen Nov 27, 2014 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 23847261)
I would stay in 3A, 1A and 1K are too close together for a single traveller.

No they are not and they are slanted slightly away from each other. They are too far apart for a couple as you cannot chat without the rest of the cabin hearing.

They are great for solo travellers and rubbish for couples.

Greenpen Nov 27, 2014 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 23905704)
I would take row 2, it is possible to speak to each other although I wouldn't want to have a long conversation as it may disturb other customers, I don't think it's that easy to chat and see each other in 4EF or 5EF because of the separation screen.
Row 2 is nice, you can see each other easily and could eat together if you like.

Agree about the screen in 4E/F but you need only move forward a tiny bit to talk, or snog if that's your intention. In row 2 you can wave to your friend but snogging is strictly out! As is a private chat.

Can I help you Nov 27, 2014 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 23905815)
No they are not and they are slanted slightly away from each other. They are too far apart for a couple as you cannot chat without the rest of the cabin hearing.

They are great for solo travellers and rubbish for couples.

Just to clarify are you saying that 1A and 1K are no good for couples?