Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by umbyboy
I am travelling to Mumbai in first soon and the seat I have been assigned is 02K. I believe the aircraft is a 747-400 v2. I am travelling solo. Would you recommend any other seat? Thanks
2K is an excellent seat - my favorite when travelling alone.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Seating

Originally Posted by HilFly
Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by HilFly
Out of interest, is the aircraft I quoted the one used for LHR - BOM?
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I believe the aircraft is a 747-400 v2.
Out of interest, is the aircraft I quoted the one used for LHR - BOM?
It sounds like you've got this description from some site like seatguru. If you have, ignore those sites.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
We're in 2/3K on a 77E on Saturday. So far we're the only ones in the cabin, though I realise that will probably change. Should we do 1/2A or K or stick with what we have? It's a day flight. Not really an issue - all the seats I've mentioned look decent. I've only flown F a few times so not exactly a regular.

Looks like the 77Es have the older IFE according to the fleet guide. Is that still correct?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
We're in 2/3K on a 77E on Saturday. So far we're the only ones in the cabin, though I realise that will probably change. Should we do 1/2A or K or stick with what we have? It's a day flight. Not really an issue - all the seats I've mentioned look decent. I've only flown F a few times so not exactly a regular.

Looks like the 77Es have the older IFE according to the fleet guide. Is that still correct?
Are you flying from LGW? 77E is the code for the four 14F 772s (all based at LGW) that have not been refurbished in WT/WTP, and have the older Rockwell Collins IFE system throughout the aircraft.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Genius1
Are you flying from LGW? 77E is the code for the four 14F 772s (all based at LGW) that have not been refurbished in WT/WTP, and have the older Rockwell Collins IFE system throughout the aircraft.
Nope, LHR. It's the 297 to ORD tomorrow - MMB has 77E. The fleet guide suggests the following, which made me think it had updated TES. Does LHR still have old WT/WT+?

MMB code 77E: G-VIIU§ G-VIIV§ G-VIIW§ G-VIIX§
§ 2010 First, 2006 CW, 2000 WT+/WT and upgraded TES IFE
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:45 am

BA F in 747 for two people seating

Hello all
Been a very long time since I posted on here as I stopped flying for a while. However today the stars aligned and baby sitters were available, BA has a sale on and funds were (just) available to book an first class trip to NYC from LHR!

I have never flown a F product before so to say I am looking forward to it is an understatement. There are two of us traveling on the 747 each way and currently booked in 4E and F.
My question is I assume this is the best position for the two of us to be traveling together? 1A and K are obviously not available yet but I wanted to ask how unsociable say 2A and K are not having flown in that part of a 747 before?

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Rows 2 and 3 are good for single travellers as there is quite a lot aisle space between A and K. They're not much use for chatting between (privately). If you want to talk throughout the flight, best stick to 4/5 E/F.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by 225SG
Hello all
Been a very long time since I posted on here as I stopped flying for a while. However today the stars aligned and baby sitters were available, BA has a sale on and funds were (just) available to book an first class trip to NYC from LHR!

I have never flown a F product before so to say I am looking forward to it is an understatement. There are two of us traveling on the 747 each way and currently booked in 4E and F.
My question is I assume this is the best position for the two of us to be traveling together? 1A and K are obviously not available yet but I wanted to ask how unsociable say 2A and K are not having flown in that part of a 747 before?

Thanks
Hello 225SG and congratulations on your F class trip.

On the 747, it really depends on whether or not you want to converse much with your companion. If you would like to be able to chat without leaving your seat then you have the best seats probably. Also 1A and 1K are quite close so you can see each other clearly and just about chat if you can lip read!

2A and K would be a great choice as you can still see each other, and you can select them now, however you won't be able to chat as you are too far away now. Finally, I tend to go for 2K and 3K (or 3K and 4K) so we both have windows, don't have the sun glaring in when we fly west, but we know each other are close by. We chat very little, but sometimes get out of our seats to converse with each other.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:56 am

i prefer row 5, not sure why but it feels a bit bigger and no-one is behind you watching you
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended

If the F experience is an important aspect of the trip, look at LH, LX and AF F fares to see if they are the same as BA.

All 3 are streets ahead of the BA F experience, particularly LH and AF.

The JFK/LHR segment is very short w tailwinds in the winter to justify virtually any extra fare above CW IMO. VS with its Clubhouse might be a more fun way to start a trip as the JFK CCR is nice, but more like a library. Also, the VS LHR Clubhouse is excellent. What is the difference between BA F and VS Upper Class?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jonas123
i prefer row 5, not sure why but it feels a bit bigger and no-one is behind you watching you
Yes I like the back row in any cabin so I can keep my eye on everyone.

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
If the F experience is an important aspect of the trip, look at LH, LX and AF F fares to see if they are the same as BA.
They'd need to be off their rocker to cancel and rebook just to experience some extra frilly bits.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY

They'd need to be off their rocker to cancel and rebook just to experience some extra frilly bits.
It wasn't clear they had purchased the tickets.

They mentioned they are stretching to afford it.

They mention it is their first "First" experience and want to maximize it.

Depending on the savings, VS UC is a good alternative with better lounges in JFK and LHR, particularly given the short JFK/LHR winter flying time.

LH and AF have much better F experience, which for a leisure trip might be worth the connection, particularly if they can't get an early check-in in London. The extra hour of flying to CDG or FRA also works well for catching a bit of sleep.

Better foods, wines, lounges, airport experience and seats are more than frilly bits.

Of course, if they do fly BA F and come back underwhelmed, you can post about how their whinge annoys you and is baseless.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
It wasn't clear they had purchased the tickets.

They mentioned they are stretching to afford it.

They mention it is their first "First" experience and want to maximize it.

Depending on the savings, VS UC is a good alternative with better lounges in JFK and LHR, particularly given the short JFK/LHR winter flying time.

LH and AF have much better F experience, which for a leisure trip might be worth the connection, particularly if they can't get an early check-in in London. The extra hour of flying to CDG or FRA also works well for catching a bit of sleep.

Better foods, wines, lounges, airport experience and seats are more than frilly bits.

Of course, if they do fly BA F and come back underwhelmed, you can post about how their whinge annoys you and is baseless.
The fact the OP uses the term 'funds were available' leads me to believe they've already booked the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.