Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problems making BA Avios Booking on BA.com? [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver

Trying to make a BA Avios booking using Dragon Air for 2 persons

Found the flights etc but when I try to choose names for the booking from the drop down list I only get my wife's name for both the first and second passenger - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is what I think you should see, I did this for a test booking for HKG to TPE on Dragon.

You don't need to use that drop down in Select Passenger, you should be able to type straight into the line. If you then revert to ------ then the blank should appear, or you overtype with the right name.

Is your screen different? (e.g. HHA?).
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:49 am
Original Poster

thanks

I see that page too - but it won't let me click into any box other than the 'select passenger' ones

tried logging out and back in and both Safari and Chrome but still the same problem holding on to BAEC but hold times are 'currently more than 1 hour'

Even if I try to make a booking for 1 passenger through my BAEC account I only get my wife's name in the drop down and no ability to enter into the other fields

Last edited by gallagher; Sep 5, 2014 at 10:56 am
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by gallagher
Trying to make a BA Avios booking using Dragon Air for 2 persons

Found the flights etc but when I try to choose names for the booking from the drop down list I only get my wife's name for both the first and second passenger - any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Do you have a Household Account with BAEC?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

yep - and 99% of the avios are in my account
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:04 am

Ditto

Hi,

I'm trying to make a domestic booking and am having the exact same issue as the OP. I tried making an international booking, and have the same issue. I have tried Safari and Chrome on two separate devices, and have the same issue. Tried calling customer services and it won't even let me queue for an advisor as they are too busy....

Have had this issue trying to book tickets this morning before work, and now having the same issues after work.

Not amazingly happy.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

From the "Your Guide to Spending Avios" sticky:

"Members belonging to a Household Account (HHA) may only use book redemptions for themselves and other members in their HHA."
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976

From the "Your Guide to Spending Avios" sticky:

"Members belonging to a Household Account (HHA) may only use book redemptions for themselves and other members in their HHA."
and that's exactly what I'm trying to do although not 2 seats for my wife !!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:27 am

Are other people having the same issue or is it just me and gallaghar?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BAAMEXPP
Are other people having the same issue or is it just me and gallaghar?
I've just tried a dummy EDI-LHR Avios booking and see the same issue.

I can't type into the text fields and only my wife and daughter (both in my HHA) are available in the dropdowns. My name is not in there.

I'd phone and ensure i'm not paying the offline booking fee.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I've just tried a dummy EDI-LHR Avios booking and see the same issue.

I can't type into the text fields and only my wife and daughter (both in my HHA) are available in the dropdowns. My name is not in there.

I'd phone and ensure i'm not paying the offline booking fee.
need this booking asap - been holding on this 0844 number for over an hour hope not too expensive on BT

cut off after 2 hours and 12 minutes - not happy at all ((((((((((

Last edited by gallagher; Sep 5, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
This comes up:

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

For the past 5 hours every time I try to book a YYZ-ORD Avios flight, on both my and my wife's accounts. No household accounts. Is anyone else having a similar problem today?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
OT, and no immediate help for your current problem, but is there much point in you being in a HHA at all?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Preacher7
This comes up:

Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

For the past 5 hours every time I try to book a YYZ-ORD Avios flight, on both my and my wife's accounts. No household accounts. Is anyone else having a similar problem today?
Yes - and have spoken to GGL who are speaking to IT.

Another enhancement?
like the Iberia seat map transfer from ba.com not working as of yesterday... grrr. on the inability to select entrees on aa.com on ba flight code.. I could go on. Its all held together with string and sticky tape, it feels! (maybe lan.com is running OW IT now...)

maybe if they spent more time getting the basics right before selling hotels and all the other @&#t one has to wade through to book a flight it might be better. ba.com is the new ryanair.com (which in the latter case, is now rather good).
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Back to BAEC Gold
This is why I keep a household account with BAEC and a separate Avios account. Can save problems like this and book tickets for anyone, only downside Is slightly different availability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.