Search

BAEC Golds

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by SoggyDollar
They could administer the tuck shop on board
Or give detentions to gate lice.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
That's me with my laptop bag

Briggs & Riley as well come October.
I'll be removing my card off my B&R in 2 weeks as I am forced to travel economy in BA to SFO. Oh the indignity.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Lioneye
To help out with etiquette and ease the process of boarding etc would it help if all Golds wore a prefect type badge so that less experienced passengers could ask their advice etc?
which school did you go to ?

prefects were there to give advice??
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
The highest status possible:

Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Brilliant idea! BA should pay the OP for this. To be introduced for silver and bronze EC members also, three different badges with picture ID (to avoid abuse). Only allow those with a badge for priority boarding, golds get a greeting and a handshake upon boarding from the CSD/CSM/purser, silvers get it form a senior CC member and bronzes from a junior CC member.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by V10
Forget all that nonsense. The obvious solution is to carry golds aloft directly from the lounge and right over the boarding queue on an extravagantly decorated litter, furnished with purple velvet cushions and a glass of something that's not Monopole within easy reach.
...gets my vote!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by V10
Forget all that nonsense. The obvious solution is to carry golds aloft directly from the lounge and right over the boarding queue
Will there be weight restrictions, like checked baggage?

Gold cardholders up to 23KG stone in weight will officially be carried, but they'll get two people to carry anyone up to 32KG stone, but no before attaching a "Heavy" tag.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:24 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Will there be weight restrictions, like checked baggage?

Gold cardholders up to 23KG stone in weight will officially be carried, but they'll get two people to carry anyone up to 32KG stone, but no before attaching a "Heavy" tag.
I'm not sure - the extra weight will no doubt help when scattering rose petals bronze card holders ahead of the procession.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
To help out with etiquette and ease the process of boarding etc would it help if all Golds wore a prefect type badge so that less experienced passengers could ask their advice etc?
Could also run initiation ceremonies for any first time flyers
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:31 am

Consider internally any initiation thoughts - probably best not to have them suggested here...!!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Yes, if that means that silvers get to be subject to prefects' orders to fetch and carry.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:39 am

But you can get Gold from relatively few flights (say flying F), compared to getting Silver or even Bronze flying short haul Y. So, actually the little people may well be more experienced.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteCycle
But you can get Gold from relatively few flights (say flying F), compared to getting Silver or even Bronze flying short haul Y. So, actually the little people may well be more experienced.
You can get Silver or even Bronze from flying relatively fewer flights, compared to the relative amount you need to fly to get Gold
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, TK*G, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, etc
This thread's got me thinking: I wonder what percentage of BAEC UK-based GCH (or GGL) went to top UK independent (preferably boarding) schools?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by idlingbye
This thread's got me thinking: I wonder what percentage of BAEC UK-based GCH (or GGL) went to top UK independent (preferably boarding) schools?

Indeed, I wonder!! Took the thought from my mind exactly... Which is why I wish to remain blissfully ignorant of any proposed first time flyer initiation options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.