Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Got to love Avios (cheap short haul flights)!!!

Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program

Just booked a cheap Japan domestic flight (Hiroshima to Tokyo) for me and the wife.....total cost: 9k + £3.40

Despite all the knocks, there are great redemptions out there. You just got to find them.

Thank you Avios!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Just booked a cheap Japan domestic flight (Hiroshima to Tokyo) for me and the wife.....total cost: 9k + £3.40

Despite all the knocks, there are great redemptions out there. You just got to find them.

Thank you Avios!
Tell me more! I am a newbie thinking of joining Avios. Their webpage is not clear.

Is it that points are worth a certain monetary value? Or more likely, do you just search for flights and their secret algorithm states the cost in points?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"Is it that points are worth a certain monetary value? Or more likely, do you just search for flights and their secret algorithm states the cost in points?"

Neither. BA charges for each flight flown, based on flight distance and cabin class:

http://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/u...ward-Chart.png

Last edited by guv1976; Aug 28, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CL87
Tell me more! I am a newbie thinking of joining Avios. Their webpage is not clear.

Is it that points are worth a certain monetary value? Or more likely, do you just search for flights and their secret algorithm states the cost in points?
Hi CL87, there's lots of useful information in the "Your guide to spending Avios | 2014" part of the BAEC FT sticky that explains how Avios work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.