TR - long weekend in Prague

Old Aug 13, 14, 1:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
TR - long weekend in Prague

For those interested and who don't always venture away from the confines of the BA forum, I posted a TR over in the TR forum on my recent trip to Prague...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...hr-prg-ba.html
stu1985 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 1:47 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mostly UK
Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Posts: 10,827
WARNING: contains pictures of Monopole!

I get a mention

BTW: well worth a read, nicely written and split into sections so if you're only interested in certain aspects of the report it's easy to jump through.

Nice pictures of Prague and the views from the aircraft. Also interesting if you're considering rail travel in the Czech Republic.
layz is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 1:49 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: BAEC Bronze
Posts: 244
An excellent read. Thank you for posting.

Lee
Lee_Again is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 2:07 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 5,984
How comes the pictures are tiny in the last section?
xenole is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 2:15 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
Originally Posted by layz View Post
WARNING: contains pictures of Monopole!

I get a mention

BTW: well worth a read, nicely written and split into sections so if you're only interested in certain aspects of the report it's easy to jump through.

Nice pictures of Prague and the views from the aircraft. Also interesting if you're considering rail travel in the Czech Republic.
That should come with a SPOILER alert!

Originally Posted by Lee_Again View Post
An excellent read. Thank you for posting.

Lee
Thanks Lee_Again

Originally Posted by xenole View Post
How comes the pictures are tiny in the last section?
Goodness knows.....sorted and thanks for the heads up xenole!
stu1985 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 2:17 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 5,984
What was the meal in the "out of the way" Czech restaurant anyway?
xenole is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 3:23 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
What was the meal in the "out of the way" Czech restaurant anyway?
First night - just a big selection of different meats with dumplings.
stu1985 is offline  
Old Aug 13, 14, 4:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glasgow / London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 3,393
Great report, thanks for taking the time post it. I've been thinking about a trip to Prague for a while now and this has made me want to go even more ^
Filthy Monkey is offline  
Old Aug 14, 14, 1:06 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
Great report, thanks for taking the time post it. I've been thinking about a trip to Prague for a while now and this has made me want to go even more ^
Thanks Filthy Monkey. You should definitely go. Prague is great in the summer but I also want to go in winter when Charles Bridge is covered in snow and there are Christmas markets dotted around everywhere. That's probably the best time for a big plate of goulash that warms you up! Summer is the time for lots of ice cold pivo
stu1985 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 14, 1:31 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ipswich
Posts: 7,541
I think Prague is better in the winter. Fewer tourists, fewer pickpockets, hearty goulash and ham shanks, mugs of hot chocolate and a magical dusting of snow. Perfect!
windowontheAside is offline  
Old Aug 14, 14, 1:38 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glasgow / London
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Posts: 3,393
Originally Posted by stu1985 View Post
Thanks Filthy Monkey. You should definitely go. Prague is great in the summer but I also want to go in winter when Charles Bridge is covered in snow and there are Christmas markets dotted around everywhere. That's probably the best time for a big plate of goulash that warms you up! Summer is the time for lots of ice cold pivo
That sounds like a pretty good plan for an FT do!
Filthy Monkey is offline  
Old Aug 14, 14, 12:34 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
That sounds like a pretty good plan for an FT do!
I'll let you organise
stu1985 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 14, 1:21 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North of Carlisle
Programs: BAEC Hilton,
Posts: 1,471
First class again Stu ^ Matthandy SFO777 watch your backs
mike&co is offline  
Old Mar 30, 15, 1:42 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA, BA Silver (at least for a few more months)
Posts: 58
Great pics and travel info! I had been searching for a Prague TR and pretty much given up before stumbling across this report.
l2travel2 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 15, 3:47 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Posts: 2,990
An unexpected bump! Glad you enjoyed l2travel2 and thanks for reading!
stu1985 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: