Vueling operated flights booked through BA

Old Aug 13, 14, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Vueling operated flights booked through BA

I did a search but couldn't find the answer to this:

If I book a flight through ba.com, with a BA prefix, but the flight is operated by Vueling, am I entitled to a checked luggage allowance?

It's not clear from the website when I try a dummy booking, although it implies it's included, by virtue of the fact the only fare type I can choose is the one that includes checked luggage, rather than the hand baggage only fare.

I won't ask about lounge access because I've seen enough on here to know it's not permitted when flying Vueling even with a BA prefix. I'd be interested to know if people have experiences of being let in anyway .
Old Aug 13, 14, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by London_traveller View Post
I did a search but couldn't find the answer to this:

If I book a flight through ba.com, with a BA prefix, but the flight is operated by Vueling, am I entitled to a checked luggage allowance?

It's not clear from the website when I try a dummy booking, although it implies it's included, by virtue of the fact the only fare type I can choose is the one that includes checked luggage, rather than the hand baggage only fare.

I won't ask about lounge access because I've seen enough on here to know it's not permitted when flying Vueling even with a BA prefix. I'd be interested to know if people have experiences of being let in anyway .
If hope you are otherwise BA should put these fares in the HBO column. I'm pretty sure Flybe booked under the BA code got the baggage allowance so you should with Vueling. I'd take a screenshot of the page saying baggage is included just in case they charge you.
Old Aug 13, 14, 4:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have noticed that when ba.com offers a Veuling fare it is very similar to their Optima/Excellence fares, which allows one/two 23kg checked bag. I don't think you get more than that for free, being non oneworld. Veuling are laid back about cabin baggage, within reason.

If you can go HBO then the "Basic" fares are cheaper than those offered on BA.com.

I've never actually put that to the test, but I do know that the Veuling online check in supposes I do have checked luggage. For connections on to the UK (etc) you certainly have the dominant sectors' luggage allowance throughout, so typically BA's allowances at 23 kgs (not 32 kgs).
Old Aug 13, 14, 5:19 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I can confirm that all BA flights operated by Vueling include a luggage.
Old Oct 31, 14, 6:26 am

Slightly related - Is it possible to through check luggage from BA to VY on 2 separate PNRs?

CE flight to BCN then the next flight is a VY Optimum fare (i.e luggage is included). VY flight number, not a BA flight number by the way.

Search this Thread