Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Counterpoint to: BA Lousy with IRROPS / Appalling Customer Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Counterpoint to: BA Lousy with IRROPS / Appalling Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Secondly BA has deliberately chosen to take away staff discretion to stop staff doing the decent thing (e.g. Interline reroutes, booking convenient hotels etc.) so a staff based which is tightly stretched in normal operations is completely unable to provide decent assistance during IRROPS.
I agree with this statement completely. And that is why I posted this thread on this otherwise well worn topic. The Sofitel is no Peninsula, but I would have thought it would be kept back for elites. I was impressed and thankful that is was provided to a WT on an avios booking.

Incidentally, calling the BA gold line here in the US did not help either. I picked up the phone when it became clear that the connection was impossible...about 15 mins before landing, and I was still holding when my wife texted to say she had been rebooked at flight connections!!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Does Delta have a great rewards programme? Do they have good quality lounges? Offer a better inflight service?

Maybe BA recognises that as IRROPS don't affect the majority of their passengers it's wiser for them to divert resources to maintain quality in other areas that have a much greater impact on its customers.

There will always be something that can be improved but you're never going to get a perfect airline.
What would you know?

How many tickets do you buy a year? DO you earn consistently > 6KTPs per year?

If everything is to be based upon credit card and Tesco spend at least have the decency to call out your bias when criticizing others who actually fork out significant amounts of their own liquid funds each year when you don't.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
If everything is to be based upon credit card and Tesco spend at least have the decency to call out your bias when criticizing others who actually fork out significant amounts of their own liquid funds each year when you don't.
I genuinely had no idea that Tesco was such a popular shop in Buenos Aires.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:08 pm

Last edited by adrianjc32; Apr 2, 2017 at 6:23 am
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Does Delta ...... have good quality lounges? Offer a better inflight service?
I flew Delta for the first time recently on an LHR-JFK return. I had access to the VS clubhouse in both LHR and JFK, and the on board service was impeccable on both legs. So, to answer your questions, yes and yes.

I was actually very impressed and found the notorious 'surly american cc' to be non existent.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
I flew Delta for the first time recently on an LHR-JFK return. I had access to the VS clubhouse in both LHR and JFK, and the on board service was impeccable on both legs. So, to answer your questions, yes and yes.

I was actually very impressed and found the notorious 'surly american cc' to be non existent.
I was looking at possibly LHR-SEA on delta but was not aware that the VS clubhouse was used as the lounge
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
I was looking at possibly LHR-SEA on delta but was not aware that the VS clubhouse was used as the lounge
If your flight is from T3 the VS clubhouse is used, if it's from T4 the SkyTeam lounge is used.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by layz
If your flight is from T3 the VS clubhouse is used, if it's from T4 the SkyTeam lounge is used.
at the moment I have no idea whether its T3 or T4 as I understand its a fairly new direct route for them but I did notice that prices were quite a bit cheaper than BA
I have no direct experience of delta TATL so cant compare their business class product
but it looks ok
if anyone can give me a comparison between delta and BA on that route it would be appreciated
though talking about delta on the BA forum may not go down too well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.