FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA strikes again......in a good way! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1602293-ba-strikes-again-good-way.html)

stu1985 Aug 12, 2014 10:59 am

BA strikes again......in a good way!

Just off the flight from PRG in CE.

Excellent in every way. This was my first time with MF crew on the flight. They didn't disappoint. CSM (NP) was on the ball from the minute we got on the plane. Chatty, personable, and it was actually visible that he gave two hoots about his job. Also got the GC welcome for the first time and a handshake. Really nice guy. Oh, and he never let me glass of Glenlivet go dry (which is always a good thing!)

TR to follow........

Littlegirl Aug 12, 2014 11:40 am

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 23351347)

Excellent in every way. This was my first time with MF crew on the flight. They didn't disappoint. CSM (NP) was on the ball from the minute we got on the plane. Chatty, personable, and it was actually visible that he gave two hoots about his job. Also got the GC welcome for the first time and a handshake. Really nice guy. Oh, and he never let me glass of Glenlivet go dry (which is always a good thing!)

TR to follow........

Did they tell you they were Mixed Fleet crew?

It is now a Eurofleet route although Mixed Fleet and Eurofleet do operate each other's flights from time to time, so it may have of course have been a Mixed Fleet crew operating an ad hock flight.

layz Aug 12, 2014 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl (Post 23351598)
Did they tell you they were Mixed Fleet crew?

It is now a Eurofleet route although Mixed Fleet and Eurofleet do operate each other's flights from time to time, so it may have of course have been a Mixed Fleet crew operating an ad hock flight.

I was wondering that myself as PRG went hatless last year. Although as you say they do fill in sometimes, I had MF on a NCL flight before.

layz Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 23351347)

TR to follow........

Sounds familiar, met someone like that on the MAN route where it's even harder to impress due to the short flight. Did his name begin with D? (remember don't post a full name on here, but you knew that :))

stu1985 Aug 12, 2014 11:49 am

Hmm, now this is strange. The girls had their hats on. The CSM (who was great, I will say again), was called off standby. He told me that he does long haul and that he is off to Rio on Thursday.

Does MF do Rio littlegirl?

BA6948 Aug 12, 2014 11:58 am

I had my first experience with MF on the CPT-LHR last Friday and let me tell you I was very impressed. The girl that was serving us was amazing, talkative, polite, in a happy mood. She looked like she enjoyed her job. She even helped me forget how the 744 was shabby (was in WTP). All the others looked also very thrilled to do their job. It contrasted with the crew of the LHR-JNB where the service was ok but nothing special (I would say indifferent)...

On a side note, why does BA not serve bread rolls with their full English breakfast?

Littlegirl Aug 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by stu1985 (Post 23351668)
Hmm, now this is strange. The girls had their hats on. The CSM (who was great, I will say again), was called off standby. He told me that he does long haul and that he is off to Rio on Thursday.

Does MF do Rio littlegirl?

Well then it was a Mixed Fleet crew as they do operate Rio and do wear hats.
Sometimes we cover each other's flights when one or the other fleet is short of crew.

Glad you had such a good flight.

stu1985 Aug 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl (Post 23351808)
Well then it was a Mixed Fleet crew as they do operate Rio and do wear hats.
Sometimes we cover each other's flights when one or the other fleet is short of crew.

Glad you had such a good flight.

Fountain of knowledge as always.

I'm just happy that BA is excelling itself. If every crew was like that, we would be extremely happy customers.

In GF just now waiting on the connection to ABZ.