Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA lounge access for domestic flights when connecting to/from Club Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access for domestic flights when connecting to/from Club Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by noniron
On re-entering I was refused admission. They did not believe me that I had already been admitted and that my bags and iThinghys where in the lounge.
I hope you were travelling with someone who was keeping an eye on your possessions? Thefts do occur and also if it looked obviously unattended it may have ended up in lost property.

There's a left luggage store in the lounge (actually can't remember Galleries Club south but I'm sure there is in the north so I guess there would be) which is worth making use of if you're shopping.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 11:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by layz
There's a left luggage store in the lounge (actually can't remember Galleries Club south but I'm sure there is in the north so I guess there would be) which is worth making use of if you're shopping.
There is indeed one in North GC. But not for some reason in South, though there are staffed cloakrooms in Flounge and CCR in South. But the point is well made, it is a bit risky leaving them unattended.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is indeed one in North GC. But not for some reason in South, though there are staffed cloakrooms in Flounge and CCR in South. But the point is well made, it is a bit risky leaving them unattended.
I could count on both hands the number of times I've been in GC south so I wasn't too sure. As someone who mostly travels domestic and short haul I tended to find the north lounge more handy.

Last time I was in that lounge was when there was 4 of us travelling CE so I couldn't guest in to the Flounge.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:00 pm

I cant believe there's so much discussion about a bit of left luggage, when theres a domestic lounge access crisis that is still not resolved for CE passengers!
Old Nov 8, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC
Back home now safe and sound and have had time to think (dwell) on this.

The lounge ladies had an A4 file in front of them when I tried to re-enter the lounge and were quite happy for me to read it but not let me hold or touch it, but it was only one double page spread of an entire manual.

I'd love to get my hands on it and read it from start to finish to find out if the correct information was available to them.

Yes C.W.S. I do need to get some status but it's hard to get only flying Domestic and F/CW/CE as redemption treats.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:45 am

Smile

Just an update - thank you to mc1973, corporate-wage-slave, and AlienInTheFatherland for their advice:

Originally Posted by mc1973
You should get in but the lounge steward may not.
The guardian at Galleries South seemed like she was about to refuse as the system said "no access", in spite of my mentioning the magic "U fare class" and "just connected from CE" lines, saying that we were connecting to a UK domestic single class flight. I said that MMB showed we had access and I understood that we were booked in U all the way through" - she then asked to see the boarding cards TXL-LHR, pressed a few buttons, and let us in. Not an ideal situation for those who aren't fortunate to have been advised by the FlyerTalk experts - but I'm very grateful to everyone here for their advice

So we are currently enjoying the view, atmosphere, and nibbles/drinks in Galleries South... Shame that the delays in security today mean we only have about 45 minutes, but you can't win them all

Thanks again to mc1973, corporate-wage-slave, and AlienInTheFatherland for their words of wisdom.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sdvr

The guardian at Galleries South seemed like she was about to refuse as the system said "no access", in spite of my mentioning the magic "U fare class" and "just connected from CE" lines,
Thank goodness you were allowed in.

So from reading this thread what I understand is that a U class domestic ticket connecting same day from CE allows lounge access.
Those who unfortunately end up with an X class domestic ticket are not allowed access even when connecting from CE.
Travelling on a separate domestic ticket which isn't booked into Business UK will not get you access even when you are connecting from a CE flight.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by sdvr
The guardian at Galleries South seemed like she was about to refuse as the system said "no access", in spite of my mentioning the magic "U fare class" and "just connected from CE" lines, saying that we were connecting to a UK domestic single class flight. I said that MMB showed we had access and I understood that we were booked in U all the way through" - she then asked to see the boarding cards TXL-LHR, pressed a few buttons, and let us in. Not an ideal situation for those who aren't fortunate to have been advised by the FlyerTalk experts - but I'm very grateful to everyone here for their advice
Good and not so good, good that you got in and not so good that there is still this uncertainty at the entrance. I don't get why BA would publicise in open domain and on bookings about the lounge access for these bookings and still people are being refused at the door. It's terrible service IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:24 pm

I'm looking to book a flight back from PMI and was wondering whether anyone had any recent experiences. I'm not sure CE is worth it unless I get the lounge before my domestic connection (afternoon tea and lounge in PMI probably aren't worth it). Is there anyway of telling which booking class I'm booking in to?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trvllvr123
I'm looking to book a flight back from PMI and was wondering whether anyone had any recent experiences. I'm not sure CE is worth it unless I get the lounge before my domestic connection (afternoon tea and lounge in PMI probably aren't worth it). Is there anyway of telling which booking class I'm booking in to?
RFS or cash?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:39 pm

Missed the important bit there - RFS!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trvllvr123
Whither are you going?

In principle you will have access to the Galleries Club lounge on your way back. You may have to remind your lounge host that you are booked into U class.

Does PMI even have a lounge? I know that IBZ doesn't (well, except for the FMIF lounge---alas BA doesn't provide access [probably a blessing]). Probably no fast track either, best to check.

Yes it does: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761529-post28.html
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Did this yesterday, he scanned my domestic BP and the IT system initially refused me and I explained I'd arrived in U class, and within about 10 seconds granted me access.

He did mention that they've got a new IT system though and that's why there may be a few teething problems.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
This query comes up a lot. There needs to be a definitive answer to it from the airline.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Well the definitive answer is yes, access is allowed. The issue is of training and whether the 'dragon' actually knows the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.