FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best CW Seats 777 Three Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1601224-best-cw-seats-777-three-class.html)

Bobbie2013 Aug 8, 2014 2:35 am

Best CW Seats 777 Three Class

Hi all

I know this question has been asked before but I wanted to get your expert advice on my particular flight.

I will be travelling CW with my partner to Buenos Aires. The flight departs at 22.25 arriving in Buenos Aires at 08.10 and has a duration of 13hrs 40 minutes (side note - is this one of BA's longest non-stop routes??)

Anyway, what seats would you suggest for a pair that would like to enjoy dinner etc together but then also get a good nights sleep?

Thanks in advance as always

Bobbie

windowontheAside Aug 8, 2014 2:38 am

Now this IS spooky. This is the EXACT same question (same route even!) that I was researching on the CW seating thread last night, and getting nowhere much.

Things I did learn. 5A/B are good because 5A has no stepover but also has no window.

11A/B ditto for stepover but may be too close to WT+ (or is it WT?) for noise.

There's a galley by row 5 that can add to noise - but others seemed to disagree.

Mixed views on whether the small cabin (rows 11 & 12) are better than the main cabin.

Genius1 Aug 8, 2014 2:40 am

I prefer the forward main cabin - much quieter both in terms of less noise from the economy cabins and less noise from the engines.

stewaran Aug 8, 2014 2:43 am

Best CW Seats 777 Three Class

I would go for 5A. Or maybe centre pair row 5 for a couple

Globaliser Aug 8, 2014 2:48 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside (Post 23329685)
Now this IS spooky. This is the EXACT same question (same route even!) that I was researching on the CW seating thread last night, and getting nowhere much.

I saw your comment on the other thread, but this suggestion may be more helpful posted here.

You can search individual threads - in this case, the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html thread - for specific posts. This can help to narrow down the reading list considerably.

So you might try these searches - in each case, click on the link and then click the "Search Now" button:-
  • [*]

1Aturnleft Aug 8, 2014 2:55 am

5AB/5JK are my favourite seats on the three class triple.
I like the fact the window seats are accessible without having to climb over anyone and I didn't suffer any noticeable light/noise disturbance from the galley. I guess in the end it comes down to personal preference but these are very good seats in my opinion.

Bobbie2013 Aug 8, 2014 3:00 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft (Post 23329744)
5AB/5JK are my favourite seats on the three class triple.
I like the fact the window seats are accessible without having to climb over anyone and I didn't suffer any noticeable light/noise disturbance from the galley. I guess in the end it comes down to personal preference but these are very good seats in my opinion.

Thanks 1Aturnleft! Is there no window in 5A or is there just one missing?

GaxxyFlyer Aug 8, 2014 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Bobbie2013 (Post 23329755)
Thanks 1Aturnleft! Is there no window in 5A or is there just one missing?

Row 5 has just one window missing but it's the window by your head. If you like a view this is not a good seat. If you like privacy, don't care about the view and want no legs to step over it's a great seat.

I was in 3A last time and although in theory I would have to step over the passenger in row 4, the seat was empty. The windows are well aligned (if that's important to you) and the cabin was quiet.

gcuk Aug 8, 2014 3:12 am

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 23329700)
Or maybe centre pair row 5 for a couple

Flew back from San Diego with family on a 3-class and there was no centre row 5. The rows are slightly misaligned and there are only 4 rows in the centre. We had row 4 centre for the four of us and the centre seats 4EF are rear facing, very private and no step over to access the aisle. For a couple I would say these are a good option. One slight irritation was although the seats are together, cabin service was from different aisles so a slight delay in getting drinks, meals etc.

windowontheAside Aug 8, 2014 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 23329721)
I saw your comment on the other thread, but this suggestion may be more helpful posted here.

You can search individual threads - in this case, the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lub-world.html thread - for specific posts. This can help to narrow down the reading list considerably.

So you might try these searches - in each case, click on the link and then click the "Search Now" button:-
  • [*]

Thank you Globaliser - I appreciate your efforts. I had tried searching but the obvious search term of 777 was rejected for too many responses, as was 5A and a few other things I tried. Didn't think to use "3 class" though.

I still think it's time for an overhaul on the approach for those threads. Maybe there's a case for having one for each main aircraft type - seating recommendations on a 744 have no use at all for someone flying a 777. You might just as well lump CW and WT+ advice together!

yhm71 Aug 8, 2014 6:16 am

Originally Posted by gcuk (Post 23329791)
Flew back from San Diego with family on a 3-class and there was no centre row 5. The rows are slightly misaligned and there are only 4 rows in the centre. We had row 4 centre for the four of us and the centre seats 4EF are rear facing, very private and no step over to access the aisle. For a couple I would say these are a good option. One slight irritation was although the seats are together, cabin service was from different aisles so a slight delay in getting drinks, meals etc.

This sort of service delay was my experience also. Since you say you're interested in dining "together" you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-cw-seats.html

I think you would have a better dinner service in the side seats.