Domestic leg of an international flight

Old Aug 7, 14, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I am trying to buy a ticket on BA from London to Toronto in August.
The prices from London are in the region of £1150pp economy where as if I buy the same ticket from Glasgow-Toronto its around £630pp.

I will land at London City or Gatwick airports and will have to board the same connecting flight from Heathrow for which BA is charging £1150pp.

So is there any way I can avoid the Glasgow-London leg and only take the flight from Heathrow? on the return leg I will simply not board the London-Glasgow flight so thats easy.
Old Aug 7, 14, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you book from GLA you have to start the trip there. You're fine dropping the last leg (as long as you don't do it too regularly), but the ticket will be invalidated if you miss the first sector.
Old Aug 7, 14, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard

I would check that you got that right. There are some good ex EU fare around but usually domestic add one are free and don't reduce the price by that much.

To answer your question though, you have to travel the first leg/s of any ticket as subsequent sectors are cancelled if you miss one.
Old Aug 7, 14, 10:49 am

From where are you travelling to LCY or LGW?
Old Aug 7, 14, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by buran99 View Post
I am trying to buy a ticket on BA from London to Toronto in August.
The prices from London are in the region of £1150pp economy where as if I buy the same ticket from Glasgow-Toronto its around £630pp.

I will land at London City or Gatwick airports and will have to board the same connecting flight from Heathrow for which BA is charging £1150pp.

So is there any way I can avoid the Glasgow-London leg and only take the flight from Heathrow? on the return leg I will simply not board the London-Glasgow flight so thats easy.
To put it simply, you can't miss the GLA-LON flight on the outbound. If you do that all subsequent flights will be cancelled. You can miss the last LON-GLA flight as long, as you don't pull that trick repeatedly then BA are very unlikely to do anything.
Old Aug 7, 14, 11:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Can you provide dates?
Old Aug 7, 14, 11:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
I would check that you got that right. There are some good ex EU fare around but usually domestic add one are free and don't reduce the price by that much.
(It is, of course, a good Ex EU fare, if I may flog a well dead horse. Or at least it will be for the next 42 days......)

Sometimes it does reduce the fare if there are married sectors and a fast moving market. See here for details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-than-lhr.html
Old Aug 8, 14, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
(It is, of course, a good Ex EU fare, if I may flog a well dead horse. Or at least it will be for the next 42 days......)

Sometimes it does reduce the fare if there are married sectors and a fast moving market. See here for details:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-than-lhr.html
agreed and learned (and cheekily commented on) but surely not by £500?
Old Aug 8, 14, 5:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
agreed and learned (and cheekily commented on) but surely not by £500?
£850 saving is my record (EDI to HKG, CW) where they seemed to be competing against KLM.
Old Aug 8, 14, 5:35 am

£850 saving is my record (EDI to HKG, CW) where they seemed to be competing against KLM.
nice.

But on a Y fare going from £1,150ish to £650ish doesn't feel right, right?
Old Aug 8, 14, 5:51 am

But on a Y fare going from £1,150ish to £650ish doesn't feel right, right?
London may be offering that ticket in the H bucket, GLA in the O bucket. Perfectly possible.
Old Aug 8, 14, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
London may be offering that ticket in the H bucket, GLA in the O bucket. Perfectly possible.
If that's the case then there may well be mileage (literally in terms of bonus Avios, but that's not what I mean) in booking a holiday with a rental car or hotel to see if that shifts the ex-LHR fare into a cheaper bucket, saving you the need for a one-way to GLA.
Old Aug 8, 14, 8:07 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Is this BA's way of dealing with an independent Scotland?

Search this Thread