Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
To avoid having to search through this multi-page thread, here is the crucial info contributed by several of the BA posters on this board. The full list of MF operated routes is as follows:

Updated 14 JAN 2020

Longhaul
Abu Dhabi (AUH)
Abuja (ABV) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Amman (AMM)
Atlanta (ATL)
Austin (AUS)
Baltimore (BWI) Moves WW > MF 01 APR
Bangkok (BKK) Moves MF > WW 01APR
Beijing (PKX)
Beirut (BEY)
Boston (BOS) - BA238/9 only
Buenos Aires (EZE)
Cairo (CAI)
Cape Town (CPT)
Chicago (ORD) - BA294/5 only until 31MAR. BA296/7 from 01APR
Delhi (DEL) - BA143/142 only until 31MAR. BA257/6 from 01APR
Denver (DEN) Moves WW > MF MAR only
Doha (DOH) Moves WW > MF 01APR
Dubai (DXB) - BA108/9 only. BA104/5 moves MF > WW 01APR
Durban (DUR)
Grand Cayman (GCM)
Hong Kong (HKG) - BA31/32 only Moves WW > MF 01APR
Houston (IAH)
Hyderabad (HYD)
Johannesburg (JNB)
Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
Kuwait (KWI) Moves WW > MF 30MAR
Las Vegas (LAS)
Los Angeles (LAX) - BA280/281 only
Miami (MIA) - BA208/9 only. BA206/7 moves MF > WW 01APR
Moscow (DME/SVO)
Muscat (MCT)
Nairobi (NBO) Moves MF > WW 30MAR
Nassau (NAS)
Osaka (KIX)
Phoenix (PHX)
Pittsburgh (PIT)
Portland (PDX) New to MF
San Diego (SAN)
San José (SJC)
Santiago (SCL)
Seattle (SEA)
Seoul (ICN)
Shanghai (PVG)
Singapore (SIN) - BA15/16 only
Sydney (SYD)
Tel Aviv (TLV)
Toronto (YYZ)
Vancouver (YVR)

Shorthaul
Aberdeen (ABZ)
Barcelona (BCN)
Bastia (BIA)
Belfast City (BHD)
Bologna (BLQ)
Brussels (BRU)
Bucharest (OTP)
Budapest (BUD)
Chánia (CHQ)
Copenhagen (CPH) Moves EF > MF 30MAR
Corfu (CFU)
Dalaman (DLM) New to MF
Dublin (DUB)
Düsseldorf (DUS)
Faro (FAO)
Frankfurt (FRA)
Gothenburg (GOT)
Hamburg (HAM)
Helsinki (HEL)
Ibiza (IBZ)
Kalamata (KLX)
Kos (KGS)
Kraków (KRK)
Larnaca (LCA)
Las Palmas (LPA)
Leeds\Bradford (LBA)
Lisbon (LIS)
Ljubljana (LJU)
Luxembourg (LUX)
Lyon (LYS)
Madrid (MAD) - BA460/461 only
Manchester (MAN)
Milan-Linate (LIN)
Montpellier (MPL) New to MF
Munich (MUC)
Mykonos (JMK)
Olbia (OLB)
Palma (PMI)
Perugia (PEG)
Podrodica (PGD)
Reykjavík (KEF)
Rhodes (RHO)
St. Petersburg (LED)
Santorini (JTR)
Split (SPU)
Sofia (SOF)
Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN)
Tenerife-South (TFS)
Vienna (VIE)
Zagreb (ZAG)

Key:
New route
Route move to MF
Route move from MF
Print Wikipost

Mixed Fleet vs non Mixed Fleet routes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Are you worrying about which routes are M/F because you think they are more likely to be cancelled?

If so, I think you are worrying unessasarily.

If a strike went ahead, which has not even been confirmed yet, it is likely that most longhaul flights whether M/F or not are protected. I suspect that some shorthaul rotations would be cancelled which have lower loads and high frequencies and those crew would be used to fill any gaps on longhaul flights where M/F crew did not report.

However, I'm very doubtful that a huge number of M/F will actually strike and it is also likely that an agreement could happen and there could be no strike at all in the end.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:47 am
Formerly known as uclaboby

Programs: DL, AS, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
An article posted 3 hours ago with their "expert" opinion of which routes are currently MF over the holiday season:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7476416.html
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LA to PDX
An article posted 3 hours ago with their "expert" opinion of which routes are currently MF over the holiday season:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7476416.html
That's probably irrelevant to the question of whether it would suffer any disruption in the event that a strike goes ahead. Please see the main strike thread for details as to why: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dates-tba.html
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Given that my twice weekly commute to GIB changed to MF a while ago now, and the negativity from some people towards MF, I thought it's worth saying that the quality of service in CE has improved significantly. On almost every flight I've been addressed by name, and with a smile, a big improvement on the highly variable EF crews previously. Drinks have been topped up and I've been offered biscuits with tea after the dinner service. Worth pointing out the improvement in CE meals as well.

Down the back, I've had a personal greeting on almost every flight, full or empty. Personally I'm not a big fan of this, but some people like it. Drinks runs during (frequent) delays on the ground have been the best improvement. Overall I'm very impressed and some of my colleagues on the route have also noticed the improvement (with no idea of the reason behind it).

Just to be balanced, I've also had a couple of great EF crews recently, but given what MF are going through now, I thought it's worth pointing out some positives.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by noubliepas
Just to be balanced, I've also had a couple of great EF crews recently, but given what MF are going through now, I thought it's worth pointing out some positives.
^

I think MF is very good on short haul. Their enthusiasm is appreciated and I like the style of service.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
One of the cabin crew on my BA flight to London in December told me that the LHR-PEK route will be moving to MF in early 2017.

Maybe related to dropping the CTU route? I won't update the wiki though until somebody else can confirm (I may have had one too many gin-fizzes and misheard ...).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Hey team!

Is LHR->HND operating with MF crews at the moment? The above Independent article specifically mentions HND (and not NRT) as being MF, but no mention from BA.MF.CSM in their list.

Anyone know for sure?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
HND is operated by WW crew and that is unlikely to change.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by GinFizz
One of the cabin crew on my BA flight to London in December told me that the LHR-PEK route will be moving to MF in early 2017.

Maybe related to dropping the CTU route? I won't update the wiki though until somebody else can confirm (I may have had one too many gin-fizzes and misheard ...).
PEK indeed moves from WW to MF in February and BKK will go from MF to WW for February only.

BWI also transferring to MF in March.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:06 pm

BA11/12 is still WW, right?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
BA11/12 is still WW, right?
It's always a good idea to put route names, it's sometimes a stretch to remember all those codes and I may give you the wrong information! But that is the LHR-SIN service that does not go on to SYD. The LHR-SYD service is MF throughout, and the services that terminate at SIN are WW, so BA11 and BA12. Note the potential equipment differences between BA11/12 and BA15/16
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's always a good idea to put route names, it's sometimes a stretch to remember all those codes and I may give you the wrong information! But that is the LHR-SIN service that does not go on to SYD. The LHR-SYD service is MF throughout, and the services that terminate at SIN are WW, so BA11 and BA12. Note the potential equipment differences between BA11/12 and BA15/16
Thanks, that's what I thought. And sorry, I have used that service so many times over the years I assumed everybody knew it was the LHR-SIN-LHR...
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
Can someone help me understand what concern over the type of crew is so great as to generate 359 posts on this subject? I haven't read this thread before, having noticednitnonly recently, and assumed it was related to concerns over possible flight cancellations due to strikes. But I just read through the whole thing (I read while working out and this seemed fairly interesting once I got started).

Is it just all about customer service? I see posts praising the enthusiasm and friendliness of the M/F crew versus the bitterness or jaded attitude of the WW crew; others about incompetence or lack of training of the M/F crew versus the professionalism and proper service from the WW crew. Then discussion about hairstyle and makeup on the M/F crew, and one person who found the two M/F crew members on the upper deck asleep in the galley. Now THAT is something that raises a concern, but the rest?

FWIW we only BA in CW to Europe and have been every year since 2010, save one. This is SEA to LHR, and I have seen now differences in service over that time. I cannot tell from the various lists posted in this thread whether our last few flights ( May of 2014, October of 2015, and May of 2016) we staffed by M/F or not --- SEA seems to have gone back and forth a bit (and is now M/F).

So now I have driven up the post count by one, but I really am curious: "what's it all about?"
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Is MIA still with MF?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.