Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Made Award ticket change, did not get new eticket email or charged yet..What happens?

Made Award ticket change, did not get new eticket email or charged yet..What happens?

Old Aug 5, 14, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Booked a companion voucher booking on 7/18 from the USA to LHR and back.
On 7/21 I got the eticket email and my card was charged for the fees.

On 7/28 I made a change and am now departing the USA from another airport, the rest of the ticket was the same. I was told I would be hit with the $50 or so change fee per ticket and maybe a buck or tow difference in taxes.

The agent who did my change stated that it might be up to a week before I get a confirmation email.

As of today 8/5 I have not got one yet and I depart on Saturday 8/9. My card has not been charged yet and nothing is pending. Of course in manage my booking on BA.com everything looks right and I selected the seats I want on the new flight.

My question is, what will happen when I get to the airport to check-in. Is the onus on me that everything is in order, or will I be protected in some form... Since I am sure the PNR will show the change history.

UPDATE, looks like BA just charged my card today for the change fees and taxes, so imagine that a eticket email will be here in the next day or two...
Old Aug 5, 14, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Blue; AA Platinum; Marriott Gold
Watch carefully as I have heard others had probs at the airport when they didn't receive their ticket. I would recommend you call BA, if you were charged but didn't receive the tkt I would be concerned. I just don't like waiting until the last minute.
Old Aug 5, 14, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Check on manage my booking and see if you have a ticket number. Once one appears you should be good to go. Whenever I have made changes I've never had an email confirmation but have always checked and received new ticket numbers eventually(after a few weeks).
Still waiting for them to take the Avios for the last change.

Search this Thread