FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   salzburg query (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1597088-salzburg-query.html)

hectorb Jul 24, 2014 4:24 am

salzburg query

I will be flying from Salzburg to Gatwick on Sunday.

The flight departs at 14:05. I'm bussing to the airport from the depths of the Austrian countryside, with the bus scheduled to arrive at the airport at 12:53.

Is this cutting it a bit fine? Or will I have plenty of time to clear security etc, even allowing for possible bus delays?

I'm in CE with hand luggage only.

Vielen Dank,

Hector B

pianotraveller Jul 24, 2014 7:44 am

salzburg query

That sounds about perfect to me, I wouldn't worry.

tuff Jul 24, 2014 7:48 am

You should be fine (although be grateful you're not travelling with me!). It is quite small and there is no lounge to linger in (although BA give you a voucher which you can spend in the outside bar on top of the terminal watching the aircraft).

hectorb Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am

Thanks both.

Is the rooftop bar which Tuff mentions airside or landside?

LondonElite Jul 24, 2014 9:35 am

salzburg query

Timing is fine, and Austrian busses are seldom late ;)

Dave_C Jul 24, 2014 9:39 am

The roof terrace bar is landside, but the airport is tiny, so you should be absolutely fine. Even if you were to arrive at 13.45 for a 14.05 flight, you'd be fine (assuming hand baggage only).

h15t0r1an Jul 24, 2014 10:29 am

It's a while since I was there but ISTR there's not much airside. So I'd definitely go to the bar landside if there's time!

Sometimes security can block up quickly if there happen to be tour groups run by one of the German travel companies - the rest of the time it's very smooth.

In winter I would allow much more time for any road transport to reach the airport in case of snow conditions.

orbitmic Jul 24, 2014 11:29 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 23249466)
Timing is fine, and Austrian busses are seldom late ;)

+1

orbitmic Jul 24, 2014 11:30 am

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an (Post 23249804)
It's a while since I was there but ISTR there's not much airside. So I'd definitely go to the bar landside if there's time!

Sometimes security can block up quickly if there happen to be tour groups run by one of the German travel companies - the rest of the time it's very smooth.

In winter I would allow much more time for any road transport to reach the airport in case of snow conditions.

You are correct that security can occasionally be busy, even in the summer if you have some charter flights but even then you would be unlikely to miss your flight once you have checked in 1h10 before your flight and other people likely to check no earlier would probably also be held at security if that were the problem.