Finnair MMB stopped working?

Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Finnair MMB stopped working?

Trying to change my FF number from BA to Cathay to select seats.

Used to be able to do it without issue at Finnair.

Can't get it to work for 2 different bookings now. When I click on "Update your details", I get taken to a page with a single button - "Start Over"

Is it just me?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:03 pm

Had the same about a week ago. - Qatarairways.com came to my rescue...
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
It's been very flaky for a while now and IME getting worse.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
And this is BA related in what way?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
And this is BA related in what way?
Because it's the a way to change your FF number on a BA booking, where the BA site won't let you.

I'm doing the same this morning, and Finnair doesn't work (but it is working for changing Finnair bookings). With the Qatar site, I'd forgotten you need to remove the FF number, then add a new one, rather than just change it.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Nowhere in the OP is any statement of the ticket beeing issued by BA. If experiencing problems to MMB a BA reservation on the AY website, maybe doing it on the website of the ticket issuer would help?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The OP is changing from a BA number to a CX number - a common thing for holders of the Marco Polo Gold card to do for BA flights as discussed previously in great detail. The BA site won't let you do that, hence the need to look at AY or Qatar's MMB.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by onobond
Nowhere in the OP is any statement of the ticket beeing issued by BA. If experiencing problems to MMB a BA reservation on the AY website, maybe doing it on the website of the ticket issuer would help?
Please try to change your BAEC number to another FFP on the ba.com website and report back your success.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
This is almost as popular a topic as the T3 lounges question!

AY website doesn't work. Try RJ.com - that does work.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Try RJ.com - that does work.
Not for me. I have a booking made at BA.com, ticketed on 125- stock, BA codes and metal both ways.

Outbound leg flown and credited to AA (for a promo)

Now want to add BAEC FF# back in for the inbound leg. BA.com won't do it, Finnair won't do it, and RJ.com won't do it either, telling me:

Based on the ticketing requirements for this reservation, it cannot be confirmed through the application. Please contact your travel agency. (1017)
Given that the travel "agency" is BA.com, what are my next steps? other than picking up the guitars-of-doom-telephone....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.