Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW, what am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by nivsy
question is...does any other carrier offer a step over r product in BC? It does seem somewhat antiquted, and for me, I am willing to try other carriers "just to see" if loyalty to BA is worth while...or not.
Yes. AA on anything not a 77W, which is the vast majority of their LH fleet.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
But does the person in row 61 not have to step over you in row 62? i seem to remember they do!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA silver
But does the person in row 61 not have to step over you in row 62? i seem to remember they do!
No- its a great seat. Also loads of storage around you.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think LH have fully flat J seats. Don't they have the slopey kind?
No the new seat (first introduced on the 748) is fully flat.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:26 pm

Fiona, I think though if in 61K you step over the "sleeper" in 62J - i have been ther and recall that...i am sure!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
No the new seat (first introduced on the 748) is fully flat.
Thanks, learn something every day

Only on 27 aircraft so far though...
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nh1980
But go East and you are spoilt for better business class options, having flown round the world in the last year on a oneworld DONE4 I don't think I would pay for BA CW again in this direction if I had the choice of QR or CX or even RJ for shorter Middle East trips, they make BA CW look like a joke.
Hmmm QR? Really? Great if you are on a 787 or 77W. Angled business seats in a 2-2-2 layout on many other aircraft? Climbing over a stranger and no sleep due to crap seats? No thanks. And let's not even start to talk about how they treat their crew...

This hasn't been mentioned above but I actually love the ying yang when travelling with your partner. Eating opposite each other is pleasant and you can make eye contact and conversation easily. The AA/CX seats make travelling as a couple much less pleasant.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
question is...does any other carrier offer a step over r product in BC? It does seem somewhat antiquted, and for me, I am willing to try other carriers "just to see" if loyalty to BA is worth while...or not.
A lot of them do, KLM, AF, AY, "regional" CX/DA, QF, LH, RJ, US, older AA, just off the top of my head. What you often get with other airlines is just 2 seats in the middle section, so only the window seats have to step over. There again BA have a few window seats with no step over, and the step is generally lower on BA too.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Hmmm QR? Really? Great if you are on a 787 or 77W. Angled business seats in a 2-2-2 layout on many other aircraft?
What? Some other airlines operate a variety of types, with different seats too? Outrageous!

If every time you booked expecting a 747 UD window seat you got one half of a 777 middle pair instead, you'd all be completely fine with that, I guess?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:53 pm

but in 8 abreast? (upper deck 747 aside)...am sure the MH flight being taken later this year is 2-2-2...but i guess step over is still possible..BA J Class just seems tight but will see what I think about upper deck on A380 later as well this year..flew it during the proving flights to FRA last year in lower deck J class...was shown around upper deck but cant really remember!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Hmmm QR? Really? Great if you are on a 787 or 77W. Angled business seats in a 2-2-2 layout on many other aircraft? Climbing over a stranger and no sleep due to crap seats? No thanks. And let's not even start to talk about how they treat their crew...

This hasn't been mentioned above but I actually love the ying yang when travelling with your partner. Eating opposite each other is pleasant and you can make eye contact and conversation easily. The AA/CX seats make travelling as a couple much less pleasant.
Yes there will be the issue that the best seat won't be on all planes at the same time...take BA's fan divider CW seats on the 767s which are not quite ancient history or Old first but I'm pretty sure QR will excel on the London to Doha leg for sure and be pretty fast at getting the rest of the routes up to scratch at a speed that BA can only dream about

Couple dining, not an issue for me but yes fair point. The better Business class seats to me are not ideal for conversation
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SJC AA
- Claustrophobic when seated upright for wide people
Really?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A lot of them do, KLM, AF, AY, "regional" CX/DA, QF, LH, RJ, US, older AA, just off the top of my head. What you often get with other airlines is just 2 seats in the middle section, so only the window seats have to step over. There again BA have a few window seats with no step over, and the step is generally lower on BA too.
That is only true if you look at the "old" seats, which admittedly still represent the majority (sometimes vast majority) of aircrafts at the moment but not for long. The new AF J seat and the new KL seat for instance are full access (all seats on AF, all seats except one seat every other row on KL). I also thought US is full access unless I'm mistaken?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
What? Some other airlines operate a variety of types, with different seats too? Outrageous!

If every time you booked expecting a 747 UD window seat you got one half of a 777 middle pair instead, you'd all be completely fine with that, I guess?
BA is generally more consistent than most others.

And I generally book a seat in advance so I know what I'm getting.

Point remains: if you don't like BA then travel with someone else. This has been hashed over so many times it is deathly dull.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 2:58 pm

BA is generally more consistent than most others.
To be honest, that is really sugar coating a not-so-good thing to make it sound like a good one. They are more consistent because they haven't changed the CW product for ages!!! With a few exceptions of "inconsistency by design" (like EK), most of the airlines which are "inconsistent" are the ones which have introduced new and much better J product in the past couple of years: DL, AA, AF, KL, IB, OS, QR, etc. A few airlines are also consistently better like AZ, EY, LX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.