Wiki Posts
Search

HH/avios redemption offer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex, HH Gold

received the email from BA with the 25% bonus offer for conversion of hotel partner points into AVIOS. As I have a lot of Hilton honours points (that are pretty worthless!) I decided to convert them all.

The offer started on the 13th June and I converted my points on the 14th - all pretty straight forward apart from the fact that HH take 30 "business days" to process a transaction and the offer closes on the 14th July!

Does anyone know if I will get the bonus on the basis that I transferred the points well before the deadline (even if HH haven't credited them by the closing date)?

If not this was a pretty pointless promotion as it was an impossibility for anyone with HH points to convert them within the timeframe due to HH ridiculously slow processing time

Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Based on date of transfer initiation.

However the rate from HH is so poor that, unless you have so few that you will never use them, I would not do it.

Assuming 0.3p per point when redeeming, you are effectively paying 3p for 1.25 Avios, so 2.4p eqch. That is terrible.

I type this from Conrad New York where I have been given a 70 sq m suite (Gold upgrade) on a 65,000 points per night redemption. Value is there occasionally.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

Nice hotel, great rooms for NY
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by stewaran
Nice hotel, great rooms for NY
Indeed! I am not a fan of the hotels itself (too few staff, odd public space design etc) but the rooms are lovely and I get free brekky and internet as a HH Gold. There are people in NY who live in spaces smaller than the standard 43sq m room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.