FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Europe seat policy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1593457-club-europe-seat-policy.html)

ozzydo Jul 11, 2014 6:16 am

Club Europe seat policy

Hi

Im looking for some infomation on the club Europe seats.

Next week im flying to Paphos on BA in economy and when it comes to checking in online and choosing my seats i dont want to do curtained or moved!!!

So does anyone know the capacity for club seats on this flight?? and what rows club will take up and what row economy starts?? From what i have read the amount of club seats that can be sold on these flights change depending on the route don't know if this is true.

As much information as possible would be grateful.

Thanks

chris1979 Jul 11, 2014 6:20 am

Club Europe seat policy

Yes, it changes based on sold tickets in each class on outbound and inbound flight.

If you'd like someone to check, they will need date and flight number. Keep in mind, that this can change up to the last moment based on any late tickets, that the aircraft might get changed and that you are unlikely to be able to reserve the front row of economy (those are the seats that might get moved if the curtain moves) this close to the flight (and/or unless you have status).

corporate-wage-slave Jul 11, 2014 6:22 am

Impossible to say how many rows of CE will be, it can change at any stage up until departure. It can't easily be less than 3 rows, it can be 13 rows plus, but to that destination it won't be.

What aircraft type is it? You get CE legroom until (typically) row 8 on a BA heritage A320, for example. There again there are ex BMI stock around, which you can work out 3 days before departure - if there is no row 13 it's ex BMI.

You best bet is to go for row 8 if CE is well forward of that or row 11, so you know you are less likely to be moved. Trying to beat the curtain is a mug's game, there's only one likely loser. This is assuming A320.

chris1979 Jul 11, 2014 6:22 am

Club Europe seat policy

Having re read your post, it is unlikely that the curtain will move after you check in online (though as listed, there are reasons why it might) so you should end up sitting in whatever seat you select at OLCI.

ozzydo Jul 11, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply i am going on the 16th next week, the flight number is BA2676.
The aircraft is a B737-400

nux Jul 11, 2014 6:26 am

The seat map will show the currently set CE/ET predicted for that flight. It can change at any time though.

ozzydo Jul 11, 2014 6:31 am

Ok thanks so if a do a dummy booking for next week this should be current number of seats available and what rows economy and club. but as you guys say it can all change till the last minute.

dafula Jul 11, 2014 7:23 am

Hi Ozzydo,

3 Days before online check in opens, some seats which look occupied are unblocked and available for selection.

On the LGW to PFO flight the best seats (IMO) are in row 12. This is the second row of exit seats. The seats in front in row 11 are also exit row but do not recline. Row 12 even has more legroom than the seats in CE except row 1, although in CE the middle seat is kept empty...

ozzydo Jul 11, 2014 7:26 am

Originally Posted by dafula (Post 23179960)
Hi Ozzydo,

3 Days before online check in opens, some seats which look occupied are unblocked and available for selection.

On the LGW to PFO flight the best seats (IMO) are in row 12. This is the second row of exit seats. The seats in front in row 11 are also exit row but do not recline. Row 12 even has more legroom than the seats in CE except row 1, although in CE the middle seat is kept empty...

Tanks for the useful information i will wait until the 3 days before and try and get seats in row 12!

BA6501 Jul 13, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm sure you're able to get seats in row 12 now, I doubt the CE cabin is that big.

Another good set is 05AC, no 05B. If only 3 rows of CE, then you even have one 'buffer' row!

chris1979 Jul 14, 2014 3:42 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 23190701)
I'm sure you're able to get seats in row 12 now, I doubt the CE cabin is that big.

Another good set is 05AC, no 05B. If only 3 rows of CE, then you even have one 'buffer' row!

If there's no 5B then that's the first row of ET and CE would therefore have 4 rows. First row of ET always good but no buffer as you call it.

gcuk Jul 14, 2014 4:57 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 23192242)
If there's no 5B then that's the first row of ET and CE would therefore have 4 rows. First row of ET always good but no buffer as you call it.

The 737s are always configured to have rows 2-5 in business class configuration on the ABC side ie A&C seats but no B, even on domestics. That keeps the maximum number of seats at 149 which saves the necessity of having an additional crew member at 150 seats and more.
5AC is therefore not necessarily the front row of ET where for instance only rows 1-3 are CE but it will always be 5AC with no 5B

ozzydo Jul 15, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks for all the information i will see what i can choose at OLCI.

Does anyone know what 737 will be operating the BA2676 tomorrow?