FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   WT+ Seat Reservation Issue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1593289-wt-seat-reservation-issue.html)

GarciaG Jul 10, 2014 3:58 pm

WT+ Seat Reservation Issue

Anyone ever had an issue where you click on the reserve seats link and you cant pay for and reserve a seat in WT+ through MMB?

I get "Please try again later or alternatively please check in at the earliest opportunity.
You can do this by using check in on ba.com which is available from 24 hours before departure.
You will be able to choose your seats and print your boarding pass (where available)."

Expert flyer shows most of the cabin as unavailable, i.e. taken, except the usual rows 28/29 which are blocked. I know these open up closer to the flight but have ben able to reserve these way ahead of time. I'm OW Sapphire.

Advice?

Skipcool3 Jul 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Phone BA.

GarciaG Jul 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah. Its odd though as the flight is meant to be on a 77W in the new WT+ (have been on this leg a few times) but the seat map seems to show a 747 layout with the throne seats. Should have said...

NotHome Jul 10, 2014 4:15 pm

I have an F award booking and am getting the same msg.

greyt Jul 10, 2014 4:18 pm

I had the same thing earlier today, it started working 20 mins later... Looks like a systems issue....

xcape2usa Jul 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I Also get the same message.

theultimateflyer Jul 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Similar issue on an Avios booking in J. Call to BAEC solved the issue.

Bat 21 Jul 10, 2014 10:16 pm

It's a problem with the website - been unable to view seat maps for a couple of days now.::td:

rachie Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am

couldn't do OLCI yesterday either

gustavmahler Jul 11, 2014 1:39 am

I managed to do it with a bit of persistence (trying again after the error message etc.), but can't look at it at all now. Also, just getting error message when looking for redemptions.

Globaliser Jul 11, 2014 2:27 am

Originally Posted by GarciaG (Post 23176987)
Expert flyer shows most of the cabin as unavailable, i.e. taken, except the usual rows 28/29 which are blocked. I know these open up closer to the flight but have ben able to reserve these way ahead of time. I'm OW Sapphire.

On the assumption that you mean the high-J 747 configuration which has single seats at 28B and 28J (the throne seats), then as a Sapphire you can only pay for them when the window opens at T-14d (to the second). You can't get them earlier than that under the current policy. (The policy used to be different, but changed some years ago.)

When is your flight?

gustavmahler Jul 11, 2014 5:28 am

Seems to be working again now. Saw some CW seats became available for LHR-ORD next week and called up (AA connections on the PNR) and after being on hold for 30 minutes, managed to snag one.