Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

789 Crown First - will it go across all long-haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

789 Crown First - will it go across all long-haul?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Caleklika
BA use the same lay out in their F cabin on the 787 as AA do in their J cabin on the 777 that's wider... Should say it all really but I'm sure we'll get the FT BA elites come along and explain why everyone that doesn't love BA is wrong.
Have you actually seen the new B787-9 seat or assessed its dimensions and that of the cabin to enable you to arrive at this slight?

I cannot understand how or why people post such negative comments about a product that they have absolutely no experience or knowledge of.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
And we have the award for the most patronising and stereotyped post of the year...
+1. Leagues ahead of s0ssos' high tea, butlers and people serving royalty.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Caleklika
BA use the same lay out in their F cabin on the 787 as AA do in their J cabin on the 777 that's wider... Should say it all really but I'm sure we'll get the FT BA elites come along and explain why everyone that doesn't love BA is wrong.
Clearly all you know about the situation is that they're both 4 abreast layout.

I've you've actually seen all (or indeed any!) of the evidence, you'll find that not all 4 abreast layouts are created equal...

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Have you actually seen the new B787-9 seat or assessed its dimensions and that of the cabin to enable you to arrive at this slight?

I cannot understand how or why people post such negative comments about a product that they have absolutely no experience or knowledge of.
You don't even need to see the final product to come to a reasonable conclusion!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
And we have the award for the most patronising and stereotyped post of the year...
Forgive him, he's from Holland. All Bols, rubbery cheese and wooden shoes.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Erm, you know this is the internet right?

Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:07 am

I will reserve judgement on the new First seats in the 787-9 until I have seen them, however the toilet "enhancement" gives me cause for concern. One toilet for 8 F passengers is not good and represents a downgrade when compared to the 380/747/777 where there are two F toilets for 14 F passengers.
With just one toilet, you have a single point of failure and are susceptible to :
- delays due to someone taking a very long time in the toilet - with two toilets you have an alternative with one you do not.
- issues where a passenger is ill and needs to spend a lot of time in the toilet.
- toilet being inoperable/faulty.
- changing into and out of F pyjamas will now take longer
- toilet running out of supplies (facecloths etc)
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by HIDDY

And apparently unique in understanding a bit of light banter. Totally allowed by the British, but not by foreigners, apparently.

(no... you should resist... don't bite again...)
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by destere
There used to be 767s with First (OF) in a 1-2-1 configuration. The same sized seats as the 777 or 747, but they were all facing forward, rather than having the angled window seats.
Here is a pic of F on the 767 as evidenced by the distinctive OHSC. As well as the forward facing seats, note the blue rather than grey upholstery, felt-style sideboards and pine-effect divisions. Also see how tiny the screens are! I copied the photo from the BA Museum's site a while back.

Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In essence it is still the same seat and the same design... Evolution rather than revolution I believe it is called by BA.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:55 am

The seat is an evolution rather than revolution, it will look different from the current first though and have some upgrades to the current experience
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jonas123
The seat is an evolution rather than revolution, it will look different from the current first though and have some upgrades to the current experience
That apparently has been the strategy since whenever that F seat in the pic on the 767 was taken....
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Here is a pic of F on the 767 as evidenced by the distinctive OHSC. As well as the forward facing seats, note the blue rather than grey upholstery, felt-style sideboards and pine-effect divisions. Also see how tiny the screens are! I copied the photo from the BA Museum's site a while back.

Are they fresh flowers a la Lufthansa?!

I for one am looking forwards to the return of the BA 8F cabins.. they seem more intimate (even if they make awards / upgrade offers etc. scarcer on those routes).

Does 8F mean the crew/passenger ratio will be improved or worsened?

Last edited by visit14; Jul 20, 2015 at 9:32 am
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are fresh flowers and simular to what we have now, just one per cabin.
The ratio of crew to customer will be lower on the B787-9.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They are fresh flowers and simular to what we have now, just one per cabin.
The ratio of crew to customer will be lower on the B787-9.
Thanks CIHY... do you think that will make them less popular with the crew in F?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Originally Posted by henkybaby

And apparently unique in understanding a bit of light banter. Totally allowed by the British, but not by foreigners, apparently.

(no... you should resist... don't bite again...)
Forgive me I think, it appears I was a little prickly yesterday. Light banter is good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.