BA GUF for 2 Voucher Use

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond VS Gold SPG Platinium BA GGL
BA GUF for 2 Voucher Use

Never had these before and trying to apply for flights in the next month or two with travel agent bookings.

I assumed that they booked into A class with agents but into award inventory with BA direct is this the case?

BA in Hong Kong are telling my TA that they can only be used firstly on new bookings (fine I can rebook) but also only into award space?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
BA GUF for 2 Voucher Use

Am on the mobile app but if you try search, there's been quite a bit of discussion on this fairly recently.

In short, it needs to be a new TA booking which requires BA approval and needs A class availability. Only needs award availability if you book with BA rather than TA.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Cathay Flyer
Never had these before and trying to apply for flights in the next month or two with travel agent bookings.

I assumed that they booked into A class with agents but into award inventory with BA direct is this the case?

BA in Hong Kong are telling my TA that they can only be used firstly on new bookings (fine I can rebook) but also only into award space?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Review these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lable-not.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...highlight=guf2
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond VS Gold SPG Platinium BA GGL
Many Thanks looks like I'm OK to book through the agent into A class so I just need to tell them how.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Flight Centre Business are saying they can do this for me, but the ticket "needs to be booked and then it is sent to BA for approval - It is subject to availability and not guaranteed."

Does that sound right? Basically I check if there's A class, and if it disappears between booking and BA adding the GUF, then that's just one of those things?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Flyer
That is so wrong. Whoever in BA HKG told that needs some training indeed!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold
From memory, BA turned around Flight Centre's request for me within a working day. There is a chance I guess that A -class availability disappears in the few hours between you asking Flight Centre and it getting approved with BA
Once you have A class, you have an A class ticket and that should be guaranteed, AFAIK.

Flight Centre - I used Ian Patterson in their Edinburgh office and he was great.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by richie_ja
From memory, BA turned around Flight Centre's request for me within a working day. There is a chance I guess that A -class availability disappears in the few hours between you asking Flight Centre and it getting approved with BA
Once you have A class, you have an A class ticket and that should be guaranteed, AFAIK.

Flight Centre - I used Ian Patterson in their Edinburgh office and he was great.
^
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Your TA should be holding A class so there should be no risk of losing it. That's how it works. They don't hold a seat in the underlying business fare, they hold it in A.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by economyman
Your TA should be holding A class so there should be no risk of losing it. That's how it works. They don't hold a seat in the underlying business fare, they hold it in A.
I'm quite clearly not making myself clear to Flight Centre here.

Does anyone have a more reliable TA who can do this for me?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 8:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There is also this from the BA trade support website which tells the TA what they need to do http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...d-card-upgrade
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
My TA always books the underlying fare first, to prove the cheaper price is there in the lower class, and then cancels it before holding the A class fare and sending to BA for approval. I've never had a problem, even on some rather complex bookings.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
My TA holds an A class fare, checks that there's a valid I class fare. Submits that I class fare to BA for approval for the A class ticket in conjunction with the GUF and it clears (or not).

My understanding (though not 100% sure / convinced on this) is that you don't need I class availability on your flight, just a valid I class fare that is bookable for the same dates and A class availability.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:00 am

Flight Centre have now been led through the process by BA and it looks like I'm good to go (well, we've got it as far as sending it to BA).

Ł50 cheaper than ITA was showing as well.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:31 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
These are a nightmare to use in Hong Kong. Between the partner and I we get 4 a year.

Tried AMEX platinum travel and they couldn't apply it to any booking...

Tried Swire travel and they couldn't either.

Basically if it's not a long haul reward booking with availability in the higher class or paid for shorthaul with reward space in CE, I've never been able to use them.

I did get the gold line to apply it to the BA reward CW-First on an HK-London-Shanghai-HK (with the last segment on dragon air) though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.