FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   CPT-LHR on June 2 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1592840-cpt-lhr-june-2-2014-a.html)

voyages99 Jul 9, 2014 8:37 am

CPT-LHR on June 2 2014

A friend of a friend flew this route in economy and she has no BA status. I do not know the flight number.

The cabin was extremely cold and there were insufficient blankets for all. The premium cabins did not have the temperature problem. I have no further details.

Could she claim some compensation from BA?

Anyone have any experiences to report?

Thanks

Genius1 Jul 9, 2014 8:39 am

She can send an email to customer services through the website form. Some compensatory Avios may be offered.

stu1985 Jul 9, 2014 8:40 am

PETER01 knows all about cold cabins!

OPebble Jul 9, 2014 8:48 am

IME ladies ask for extra blankets and men want their jackets hung up!

KenJohn Jul 9, 2014 8:54 am

Originally Posted by voyages99 (Post 23168414)
The cabin was extremely cold and there were insufficient blankets for all.

There should be a blanket on every seat.

I suspect some passengers may have taken two blankets if one passenger initially put their blanket away before realising they actually needed it later.

Always physically hold on to the blanket at the start of the flight even it means just sitting on it like a cushion.

Flier74 Jul 9, 2014 8:59 am

I would not think this would warrant compensation to be honest. Cabin temperature is a very sensitive subject and we all feel different. Did your friend ask the Crew to adjust the temperature? If asked, I do so myself if possible or,aircraft dependant, ask the Flight Crew to adjust the temperature.
That usually does the trick, unless there was a technical fault of course.

An e Mail to Customer Relations won't hurt, but I guess your friend will get an splogoy and thats about it, unless there was an underlying issue, such as an entry into to tech log, of course.

Without wanting to rant, but this compensation culture really goes a little bit far at times, but then thats only my opinion of course

Flier74 Jul 9, 2014 9:00 am

[QUOTE=KenJohn;23168523]There should be a blanket on every seat.

I suspect some passengers may have taken two blankets if one passenger initially put their blanket away before realising they actually needed it later.

Always physically hold on to the blanket at the start of the flight even it means just sitting on it like a cushion.[/

This could well be the case or maybe they did not have enough blankets down in CPT when they loaded the Aircraft, for whatever reason.
I agree some people are very selfish and help themselves to anything they can, so they are alright jack )-:

KARFA Jul 9, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Flier74 (Post 23168557)
The CPH is operated on the Airbus and very occasionally on a 767.

err.. CPT not CPH.

MichaelBaku Jul 9, 2014 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Flier74 (Post 23168557)

Without wanting to rant, but this compensation culture really goes a little bit far at times, but then thats only my opinion of course

^+1

KARFA Jul 9, 2014 9:06 am

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku (Post 23168577)

^+1

? I would think an extremely cold cabin with insufficient blankets would actually be quite uncomfortable on a 11.5 hour flight and entirely appropriate to submit a complaint. Ask PETER01 who had a similar issue on an A380 to LAX a few months ago about how comfortable it was.

Flier74 Jul 9, 2014 9:10 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 23168573)
err.. CPT not CPH.

yes got that....doooooooh, sorry

edited accordingly

KARFA Jul 9, 2014 9:12 am

voyages99, I think this is the page your friend needs to use to submit a complaint.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...m/public/en_gb

Just tell her to keep it simple, factual, short, and explain the problem. Don't specifically demand anything, just see what the response is and what if anything is offered.

Flier74 Jul 9, 2014 9:12 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 23168591)
? I would think an extremely cold cabin with insufficient blankets would actually be quite uncomfortable on a 11.5 hour flight and entirely appropriate to submit a complaint. Ask PETER01 who had a similar issue on an A380 to LAX a few months ago about how comfortable it was.

I totally appreciate that, but I wonder if the friend of the OP asked the Crew what was going on and why would you think over a month later about compensation?
If I am not happy about something I try and get it fixed there and then, if I can't get anywhere I submit a "complaint" or comment soon after the event but would not really wait for a month or so. then again, I know everyone is different :)
With regards to the clearly infamous PETER01 incident, there was obviously an underlying issue which has dealt with accordingly I guess. Hence I said if there was a technical issue then yes maybe some minimal compensation may be given, but if just the friend felt cold and no one else, like it is sometimes, then just an apology will be given I guess.

KARFA Jul 9, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Flier74 (Post 23168618)
yes got that....doooooooh, sorry

edited accordingly

Lol, never mind - we have all mis read airport codes before. I am probably with you if it had been CPH. For a sub-2hr flight passengers shoudl be able to cope and obvioulsy wouldn't be expecting a blanket. For a 11.5 hour flight from CPT I think you would agree it is a bit different.

KARFA Jul 9, 2014 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Flier74 (Post 23168631)
I totally appreciate that, but I wonder if the friend of the OP asked the Crew what was going on and why would you think over a month later about compensation?
If I am not happy about something I try and get it fixed there and then, if I can't get anywhere I submit a "complaint" or comment soon after the event but would not really wait for a month or so. then again, I know everyone is different :)

I would agree, but I think you and I are looking at it from a point of view of frequent travellers who are probably not hesitant in raising issues to cc onboard or submitting a complaint soon after we land. We BA golds are quite beligerant as you know :p

If the OP's friend doesn't fly much then she may have felt reluctant to say anything onboard and thought she just has to put up with whatever happens. Perhaps this explains any reluctance to complain as well.