Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Silver booking MCE on AA domestic Question

Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinum

Hi Folks,

I tried searching the forum for an appropriate response but of the ones I looked at didn't see a suitable answer.

Can anyone confirm whether as a BA Silver I would be able to select MCE seats for my entire family (4) during booking for AA domestic flights?

Currently I am bronze (450 TP) and looking to book a trip on AA. Normally when we fly I try to book MCE for the extra legroom, however the cost for this trip (4 flights) comes out as $540. It looks like I can spend a little more for a TP run on AA to get Silver status which may then allow me to book the seats at booking.

I believe as Bronze I may be able to select MCE 7 days out but am worried that they would be spread out.

BTW - although based in Austin, all my TP so far have been on BA flying to Europe so I do have the 4 light minimum covered.

Cheers!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Silver/sapphire yes, MCE including exit row. Have done it with both my silver and my CX gold (OW sapphire).

Bronze/Ruby, no - MCE is chargeable until OLCI opens, at least in my experience
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Bronze used to be able to select MCE seats for free but they can't anymore. Silver and gold members can do it free of charge.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/mainCab...maincabinextra
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the quick replies. I found the answer in the small print on the AA website. So much for my search abilities!

OneWorld Emerald/Sapphire can select at time of reservation for up to 8 companions.

OneWorld Ruby (i.e Bronze) can pay for them at booking with 50% discount or select for free 24 hours before flight time.

So my $500 became $250 to select now. Now I need to decide whether I should just do a small TP run just so I can get Silver
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
One thing to consider- some AA ex-plats and plats who have chosen MCE will have their upgrades clear by t-24 and so more seats will become available to choose from.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.