Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Map of US Airways Flights from Washington, D.C.-DCA,IAD,BWI using Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

I just finished this map for destinations out of the Washington, D.C area (mainly the DCA hub, but also a few from IAD and BWI). It doesn't look like I can embed a Google map on the forum so I'll point you to the link: Weekend Blitz - US Airways Flights: Using British Airways Avios out of Washington, D.C.-DCA. I hope some find it useful!

---------------------------------

First in this series was Charlotte, North Carolina-CLT (Map of US Flights from Charlotte-CLT using Avios), then Philadelphia-PHL (Map of US Flights from PHL using Avios) and now Washington, D.C.. I have compiled this map to help assist in visualizing and then planning just how far a British Airways Avios will take you on US Airways:

Legend

Some great values are Washington, D.C. to:

• As with all of these Avios redemptions, just about any Zone 1 city in green is probably a great value at just 9k Avios roundtrip.
  • Bermuda-BDA or Nassau-NAS can be booked for only 15k miles round trip in economy.
  • Southern Florida destinations are another pretty good deal for 15k miles round trip: Ft. Lauderdale-FLL, Miami-MIA and Key West-EYW

BOTTOM LINE: The U.S. Air hub in Washington, D.C. has the least interesting routes of all of their other hubs, but there’s plenty of value to be found booking Avios awards in the U.S. Even if you’re not able to take an exotic vacation from DCA as easily, it makes great sense for booking otherwise expensive flights to the eastern half of the US.

-----------------------------------

As a side note: I pulled all of the route info for the map off of USAirways.com, I know that some routes are seasonal and some might even be slated for cancellation. If you see any destinations that I should remove, please let me know. Thanks!

Link to map: Weekend Blitz - US Airways Flights: Using British Airways Avios out of Washington, D.C.-DCA
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
That's really useful - thanks for investing the time and effort in documenting this. I'll certainly use it. Might be useful having a link from the main US Airways thread into this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.