Search

RFS for intra-UK connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:39 am
Original Poster

RFS for intra-UK connection

Hi all,

sorry if this has been brought up before:

Tried to book a RFS for a CDG-LHR-MAN routing. Avios is showing okay as 9000 for Club, however, instead of 30 Euro in taxes BA is calculating 452 Euro in taxes and fees.

Anyone else seeing this? Does anybody know why? Could of course book it as two separate itineraries but would prefer one ticket for connection peace of mind.

MR
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:46 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You must earn at least 1 avios in the past 12 months to be eligible for RFS rates, otherwise you will be charged the full taxes/fees/charges. Although €452 seems rather high..
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I frequently book tickets like this without issue although as a UK registered member my taxes are in pounds regardless of whether my booking starts in the UK or overseas.

Do you get the correct taxes if you book CDG-LHR?

If you do then phone up and book, tell them the website is showing incorrect taxes and they should waive any booking fees due to the website issue.

If you don't see the correct taxes on CDG-LHR then do you qualify for RFS? You need to have made some sort of transaction within the last year. If you have not, don't worry we can help you with ideas for that!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:55 am
Original Poster

I am qualified for the RFS and CDG-LHR is pricing as 9000 and 30 EUR. Guess I'll have to call.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
If it says 452 euros when you select the flight, what happens when you click through to the confirm selection page? Does the price adjust?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:07 am
Original Poster

No, it doesn't. It stays at this level right up to the payment page.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
No, it doesn't. It stays at this level right up to the payment page.
What date and flights are you looking at MarioRossi?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

CDG-LHR-MAN in August 14. However, tried it today in the pc (used the phone before) and RFS is showing up correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.