Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Heathrow Rewards points posting

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
OT: Heathrow Rewards points posting

Sort of off topic, but they are a BAEC partner.

Over the last few months very few of my Heathrow Rewards transactions have posted automatically. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's my physical card, the barcode on my phone or they enter the number manually the transactions very rarely post.

The only place I've had 100% success is World Duty Free (not that I buy much from them) but I've not had the same amount of success in M&S in arrivals (both T3 and T5 rarely works), WH Smith (sometimes works, but nowhere near 100%), the Geronimo owned pubs (Three Bells T3 and Five Tuns T5) never posted automatically, Dixons Travel mostly works.

Have others experienced similar?

I'm wondering whether it's staff training, poor equipment or just bad luck?

Heathrow Rewards customer relations are very good at crediting the points if you send them proof of purchase (such as a scan of the receipts), but I'd rather think of the scheme as one where I could hand my card over and then forget about it until I've earned enough points to move over to BA (or whatever reward I want).
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Same...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:21 am

I'm still fighting HAL over a large duty free bill,some creme for Mrs rapidex.

Boots dont credit,nor do W H Smith.I asked a manager if HAL had changed the computer software or was I just unlucky.He just said "dunno mate" and walked off.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
I'm still fighting HAL over a large duty free bill,some creme for Mrs rapidex.

Boots dont credit,nor do W H Smith.I asked a manager if HAL had changed the computer software or was I just unlucky.He just said "dunno mate" and walked off.
You seem to be having less luck than me. At least when I send a scan of the receipts to Heathrow Rewards customer relations they'll credit the points without question. Although it's not ideal as I'd rather the scheme be swipe and forget, no more action required.

Boots and WH Smith have integrated Heathrow Rewards with their own checkouts and M&S still uses a separate machine so the issue affects many different implementations.

Ironically last time I got this to work in WH Smith was in T2 arrivals where I was told Heathrow Rewards was 'a T3 thing' but I pointed out the Heathrow Rewards sign in the shop and he spent a bit of time playing with the till and put it through. It went through without a problem unlike at T5 a few days later where the member of staff was familiar with the scheme.

I guess the only way we'll get this fixed is to bombard customer relations with receipts (always make it clear that you handed over your card and it appeared the staff processed it). If they end up having to process a lot of receipts manually then something might be done.

In the BAA WorldPoints days the scheme generally worked. You'd have the odd occasion where something wouldn't post and it seemed down to either a malfunctioning machine or staff not knowing what to do, but considering the scheme used to work in all BAA airports it generally worked well.

As far as I know Heathrow Rewards was just the WorldPoints scheme scaled back to just Heathrow but now reliability is poor. As others are having the same issues as me then you'd think they'd notice something in their stats about sales dropping.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:21 am

Do you guys still use the card or the Passbook app barcode?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cazoz
Do you guys still use the card or the Passbook app barcode?
I've tried them all. Passbook usually if I forget my card, otherwise the card. I've noticed most of the time staff use the barcode on the back of my card (presumably the same as passbook) rather than swiping. In M&S I've even tried my old WorldPoints card (same number) and although they swipe it successfully it still didn't appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.