Wiki Posts
Search

What Makes a Good BA Trip Report?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Horris
I find that a constant focus on the food served on board and in the lounges, and shots of interiors of J/F cabins becomes very tedious quite quickly. I only enjoy the TRs where there's some good photos and information on the destinations, accommodations and activities/sightseeing. Particularly when I've been there as it usually brings back some happy memories!
I do agree with you on the photos of the destinations bringing back memories. Gets you all inspired to head back as well.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
- The correct blend of pictures and text
- I want to see the whole journey. I want to feel like you're interested in taking me through your entire trip. Tell me about your planning, why you're going, then show me how you got there, what you did when you got there and how you got home
- Don't link me to a blog, I won't go
- Don't give me a link to your previous reports in the first post, let me read what you wrote before I decide if I want to read more
- Taking pictures in black and white is pretentious, don't do this
- If you're comfortable with it, show me a picture of you with your traveling companions, nice to put a face on who I'm reading
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Personally I've become a bit fed up reading reports about F/J cabins, airport lounges and stays in top end hotels as they are all a bit predictable. I'd like to see more economy class reports from people who don't have lounge access and who stay in more affordable accommodation as they can be far more interesting.
I agree, I'm kinda bored of the F reports, I find Y reports more interesting.

I would also like to add that TRs with lots of Japanese toilet seats are also very good /shamelessplug
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I hope this meets most of the criteria ... I apologise to HIDDY for flying CE and staying in posh hotels

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post23168172
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
I hope this meets most of the criteria ... I apologise to HIDDY for flying CE and staying in posh hotels
Just read it.

I like that type of trip report actually. No messing about with minor details no-one cares about, just straight to the point with good pictures to match. The hotels are different from the norm you see which also makes a refreshing change. Looks an excellent destination.

Ten out of ten old yin....stand easy. ^
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Just read it.

I like that type of trip report actually. No messing about with minor details no-one cares about, just straight to the point with good pictures to match. The hotels are different from the norm you see which also makes a refreshing change. Looks an excellent destination.

Ten out of ten old yin....stand easy. ^
Appreciated. Hugs, cyber-buddy
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post23168172
Great TR - I've taken note of a number of things for when I head out there later in the year.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I find that people put too much detail over things that mean nothing to me:

"I'd seen the other films and decided to watch Despicable Me III" (good for you)

"I chose the salmon because I gave up meat for lent" (followed by a lengthy review-I just sort of need to know if the food is delicious, edible or crap)

etc. etc. I think the minutia that most people want to read surrounds comfort, quality and service.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Horris
I find that a constant focus on the food served on board and in the lounges, and shots of interiors of J/F cabins becomes very tedious quite quickly. I only enjoy the TRs where there's some good photos and information on the destinations, accommodations and activities/sightseeing. Particularly when I've been there as it usually brings back some happy memories!
Largely represents my own thoughts although I find pretty much every TR on here worth reading and mostly informative.

My own particular dislike is continuous reference to alcohol and excessive consumption. Very tedious and occasionally a little juvenile.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCSA

"I'd seen the other films and decided to watch Despicable Me III" (good for you)

"I chose the salmon because I gave up meat for lent" (followed by a lengthy review-I just sort of need to know if the food is delicious, edible or crap)

etc. etc. I think the minutia that most people want to read surrounds comfort, quality and service.
Well said!!

And perhaps take some of the 'stress/uncertainty' of going to a new airport/city? I know that we (in our advanced years) are less keen on being plunged into the unknown, and that's where FT TRs can be very helpful.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Yeah good point on new airports/city. I'm very keen to know what transfers are like at certain airports (Germany still confounds me), what security is like, etc...

Getting to/from the airport is also a big one.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SCSA

See, I actually don't mind this. Like I said earlier, take me through your trip, I want to see it through your worldview.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
See, I actually don't mind this. Like I said earlier, take me through your trip, I want to see it through your worldview.
But then we have the challenge of seeing rings through eyes of different ages!

What appeals to an old dodder like me might not appeal to the Disco community

But then we'e all capable of filtering irrelevant date, aren't we? I know there's some football thing going on, but that's my limit
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Is there a BA trip report thread? I'm writing one up for a recent trip and usually post in the general trip report thread but wasn't sure if there is a BA specific thread?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:08 pm

Use a real camera. I know iPhones have nice cameras that have come a long way, but the difference is still noticeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.