Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Hand Baggage - Leave at LHR for Ex - EU Positioning Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hand Baggage - Leave at LHR for Ex - EU Positioning Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by manymany
I have LHR-AMS-LHR-BKK coming up all on same day. Looking to leave hand baggage in the Galleries North Left Luggage whilst I do the LHR-AMS-LHR (immediate turnaround) then 5 hour connection.

Shouldn't be a problem should it...?

Thanks
personally, I wouldn't do it. AMS same-plane turn-around is very easy so you wouldn't be carrying it around much. Once on the plane, it's not like it's causing you issues.

If your plane goes to tech in AMS or there are other issues and you might end up being re-routed or staying overnight, having left the luggage in T5 will cause issues. Similarly, though equally unlikely, they might be paging you because the bag has been there for too long / there's an issue with the Left Luggage in the lounge / an issue with the lounge etc.

You are most likely to be absolutely fine - I just don't see much 'upside' / benefit in doing it given you are not saving any hassle or so.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
The newer T5 Hilton is very good and in my view is the same standard of the Sofitel - except without direct terminal access.

I see you're HHonors Diamond too. Hilton T5 is very accommodating to elites and they may agree to hold your bags if you explain nicely.
Thanks for your thoughts on this. On the basis we are staying over the night before our positioning flight to BRU and after the flight back to LHR, we will just leave our HBO in our room, so it will be a nice leisurely stroll over to BRU and back again.

We have contingency now in the MAN-LHR, LHR-BRU and BRU-LHR flights, so not a lot else we can do to ensure things go according to plan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.